Does this system record to blank DVD's please??

julius44 07:45 06 Aug 08

Hi i'm interested in a particular home cinema system which is the Sony DAV-DZ260 5.1 Channel DVD Home Cinema System.

The link is below click here I'm been trying to find out if it RECORDS to blank dvds as well i mean can i record tv programs with it as well, as i'm interested in 1 that records to blank dvds, but my budget is about £170. i have seen this same 1 on other sites for £130...but i need to know whether it records programmes as well. any help/confirmation would be appreciated.

BT 08:27 06 Aug 08

This is a Home Cinema system and the technical specs on the Sony website make no mention of recording.
click here

crosstrainer 08:29 06 Aug 08

According to the specs. from Sony, the simple answer is no. It will only record if connected to a PC via usb:

Pumps out a total of 850 W room filling sound from central speaker, 4 satellite units and floor shaking 14 0W subwoofer
Put yourself in the middle of the action with Dolby Digital Prologic II / DTS Decoding
24-bit S-Master digital amplifier delivers crystal clear CD quality sound for playback faithful to the original source
Stylish design integrates seamlessly with a BRAVIA TV and Sony disc players
Built-in upscaler generates a 1080p signal via HDMI™ cable for superb picture quality on your high-def TV
BRAVIA Sync for simple, integrated control with your BRAVIA TV and other compatible products with only 1 remote
DCAC - one-push automatic sound set-up for flexible speaker placement and optimum sound quality
Sony DIGITAL MEDIA PORT - connect to and release digital music stored on your WALKMAN® or other mp3 players, mobile phones, Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi devices
Play from and record direct to USB
Connect via optical or coaxial digital inputs
Dialogue Enhancer keeps speech clear while limiting the volume of sudden sound effects – ideal for late night viewing
Portable Audio Enhancer function boosts quality of compressed music such as mp3's
FM / AM radio tuner with RDS and 30 station presets
Movie / music mode optimises your audio settings automatically
Multiple format and codec support - DVD / CD / Video CD / SACD / mp3 / JPEG playback capability

julius44 08:35 06 Aug 08

Many thanks BT, in that case i'm looking for a nice home cinema system but it MUST be able to record TV programmes as well, my budget is about £170..do u have any suggestions please??

crosstrainer 08:47 06 Aug 08

I cant' find anything within your budget, I have one of these which is superb, but a lot more than £170 Perhaps you should consider buying the recorder (which you can get quite cheaply) and then adding the surround sound later?

click here-(RCSLX60D).aspx

crosstrainer 08:49 06 Aug 08

Along these lines?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009