Does Mesh care?

rampus 12:03 24 Oct 03

In August I purchased a new Mesh PC which was delivered just one day late. The machine is fantastic - every bit as good as I could have hoped for. So far so good.

As a supplementary order (placed at the same time) I ordered a DVI cable for my monitor and a net card for my old PC. Four weeks after the PC arrived I am still waiting for these two small items.

I have now called on six separate occassions. Each time it is a nightmare speaking to a human - I have waited literally hours for replies (the only way to be sure of an answer is to follow the instructions for buying a new pc - this phone does get answered).
The sales department cannot help - it is a dispatch problem. The dispatch department can't help - it is a sales order problem. You are not allowed to speak to managers who could cut across this. On each occassion when I have eventually got through the people are very nice - explain it is not their problem, promise to call back and don't.

The only possible conclusion is that Mesh do not care about their customers. This is a real shame as the product is first class and I could have been here writing a glowing recommendation. Instead I find myself totally disatisfied over two minor items, but more importantly a "we don't care about your problems" attitude.

Stuartli 13:46 24 Oct 03

If you key in Mesh in the search box you will find a number of threads about the company - at least one of them will contain a specific e-mail address from Mesh itself to ensure problems can be sorted out.

It works for others and should do so for you.

Forum Editor 13:50 24 Oct 03
  MESH Response 14:13 24 Oct 03

We do care and want to help. Please email us at the above with the order number and we will get back to you with a progress report - today.

Regards - MESH Response.

HardChikn 19:04 24 Oct 03

Interesting...!

rampus 19:35 24 Oct 03

I sent a detailed reply to Mesh response on the e-mail indicated in the thread. Guess what? No response today as they indicated that they would. Why am I not surprised?

Admittedly it was late 16:40, but I don't think it was too much to ask for a phone call, or e-maiL reply - even if it was just to say "thanks for your message, we are investigating - get back to you on Monday!" Still that would be quality customer care - and apparrently too much to ask. I hate sounding like a whinger but this really is not good enough!

Still no doubt I will get a contact first thing on Monday with a full explanation as to why it takes nine weeks to deliver a net card and a DVI cable, and why nobody out of the dozens that they employ is able to solve such a simple problem. Perhaps the Mesh lurker that claims that he wants to help would care to pick up the phone and explain this to me!? WATCH THIS SPACE!

rampus

The Spires 20:58 24 Oct 03

As a non MESH user & defender of them in the past, it would seem from my point of view some kind of reorganisation would be in order (based just on threads here). I know they lost a sale yesterday as I was asked where (I would purchase) to buy a Pc from & sent my friend elsewhere. I do appreciate the forum response is amazingly quick as MESH monitor the forum but sadly not all users come on here. I know they sell five trillion machines a year & only those who have problems come here to complain, but hassle over a wire? Needs sorting.

MESH Response 09:39 25 Oct 03

Hi

On leaving the message yesterday, we did monitor our emails from PC Advisor until 6:00pm yesterday afternoon. We received no incoming email. This could well be due to internal/external messaging problems, however let me assure you we were monitoring for your email.

We look forward to contacting you on Monday morning.

Regards

MESH Response

A,,W,,B,, 12:01 25 Oct 03

Alway's buy from EVESHAM....

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:16 25 Oct 03

A,,W,,B,,'s asinine comment just highlights his/her severe comprehension of the blindingly obvious and evolutionary progression. *sigh*

Mesh, in all fairness, do respond PDQ to any posts here, which shows that they are monitoring the situation. Instead of A,,W,,B,,'s gormless reply a round of 'well done that man' is in order.

OK Mesh do get a few posts on here but I am sure that most are well-sorted by their help center. Anyone who has run a helpline (obviously not A,,W,,B,,) will know that there is a small percentage of FUBAR calls,; there is not one helpline that does not have this problem. Mesh do get posts here because they have a CONSTANT presence on the forum which will encourage people to post here.

For what it's worth I have recommended a friend of mine to cough up for the matrix 3000 because a) it is good value (better than the equivalent Evesham IMHO) and well-specced and b) Mesh have always been here and been polite in spite of a few comments that if I worked for Mesh, I would have torn to pieces ;-)).

G

The Spires 14:29 25 Oct 03

A,,W,,B,, is entitled to his/her opinion however without being refered to as 'Gormless & 'Asinine'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…