Does anyone use a Medion desktop PC?

Cybermaxx 22:32 10 Aug 03

I bought this computer from (don't laugh!) Toys 'r' Us, and I haven't had any trouble with it. The thing is, I haven't been able to find out much about it on the internet. The components (DVD, CD-RW, motherboard etc.) do not seem to be on sale individually, and I'm curious about it. It's a Cybermaxx PCMT6 desktop, manufactured by Medion.

Has anyone used/owned a similar computer? If so, how did you rate it and did you have any problems with it?

Giantsquid 22:44 10 Aug 03

Hi,
Does in not have a booklet, or Cybermaxx have a website ?

I have a Medion.

rickf 10:04 11 Aug 03

Cybermax is a rebadged Medion. We have two in the family nad they are excellent machines. Do a search here and you'll find lots of v. good comments.

maby66 11:35 11 Aug 03

My current PC was a Medion before I started to upgrade components.
Solid, good quality machine with branded components of respectable quality for the price.
I'm a fan of Medion with the experience I have had, and seen others on this forum have.

Have recommended them to friends of mine when the Aldi offers come around and they too have had good experiences.

Maybe Medion is not a "recognised" brand as Dell and Compaq is to the mass market consumer, but it is appreciated by a large number of discerning consumers who have knowledge of what makes a good PC - ie the people who post to these forums :)

fred 22:43 11 Aug 03

Been using one 24/7 for the last year. Reliable, if a little noisy.

BRYNIT 22:50 11 Aug 03

I have a Medion PC.

you will find that most of the components Video card, Mother board etc are constructed by Medion using the chip from from well known manufacturers ATI, Nvidia etc.

You will not be able to find a full manual for the motherboard but can get help from medion if you ever wanted to update your computer after the warentee has expired.

Updated driver/programs are available from the Medion's website. I have found that the most up to date drivers/programs can be obtained from the German site click here under Treiber, as they are still deciding what to put in the UK website.

DANZIG 12:19 13 Aug 03

I also have a Medion PC. Have had it now for about 2 years and have not had a problem whatsoever with it. Bought it from PCWorld for a fairly good price. The manual I got with it was pretty basic - telling me what to plug where etc etc.

Giantsquid 14:45 13 Aug 03

Medion are a good breed of computers, Mine was snapped up in the Aldi rush in April and 'these' Aldi ones are the best spec of the lot.

PC Titanium MD 8008 XL Model
Pentium 4 2.6 Ghz
Pioneer DVD-R DVR 105 MODEL
SONY DVD-ROM
Seagate 120GB HDD
ATI Radeon 9600TX 128MBDDR SDRAM 540 Mhz
512 MB DDR333 mHZ Ram (one module) upgradable to 2 Gb
Stereo TV FM tunercard

And all host of other stuff too much to mention remote control, front drop down drawer, more ports than Holland etc etc.
My Brother is after one but no sign of them in Aldi as yet,PC world have now finished with them, but the Medion hotline 0870-7270370 told me that they are in Staples, and he thought Comet, but I have not checked. Pc world have had them in as a base unit only but as I said they have done with them. Brynit is right about the updated Drivers, strange but they are there, Give them a call they are a good lot, this comp is my second from Medion so I will espouse them, and it has so far been very good with no trouble at all.

Giantsquid 14:46 13 Aug 03

Sorry Toys r us have them too but you already know about that!

SEASHANTY 21:37 13 Aug 03

And also do not forget that Staples also sell them under the Cybercom brand. Both my Medion's are from Aldi. Software provided with the Aldi ones is much better. Its usually Microsoft Works and with the Cybermaxx, Cybercom and lo and behold the PC World one at around £600 actually sold under the "Medion" name, its usually the Star Office software. Not that I am knocking Star Office 'cos I have downloaded the free version of this.

vaughan007 09:46 14 Aug 03

From my experience Medion often use micro star international motherboards. I think they have a website, just search in google, if not there is plenty of info out there on other sites. All the same, Medion are very good, well built respectable computers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…