Does Anyone Else Feel Opera Is Loosing The Plot?

Offline 11:10 18 Apr 03

I've noticed with each release on version 7.xx Opera is becoming more and more complicated, I notice on Opera 7.10 for Windows it now installs a profile system whether you ask for it not you still get it. I've gone back a version, it does seem to me that the simplicity of the previous versions is being eroded (which is why I bought version 6 & 7). Anyone agree or am I having a bad hair day?

-pops- 11:27 18 Apr 03

I didn't like the 7 version and went back to version 6. Someone else (€dstow, I think) didn't like the lack of being able to insert unusual characters without a load of fuss and similarly went backwards.

Netscape went off the rails no long ago but seems to be getting back to something realistic now. I'm using Netscape more and more.

Brian

VoG™ 11:51 18 Apr 03

Like €dstow I had problems with version 7 onwards and I've reverted to 6.05. I gather that there are problems on this site now with version 7 as well. I'm sticking with 6.05 until/if they sort out the problems.

rosblot 11:55 18 Apr 03

I have similar feeling about many aps. M.S. Works used to come on four floppy's and was perfectly adequate for most peoples home use, and yes it still included a decent data base and spreadsheet.

Offline 14:01 18 Apr 03

Ok, thanks for the replies. :-)

suzie005 16:24 18 Apr 03

i'm using 7.02 or 3 and never had problems with it.6.05 was really dull and boring.haven't been in here for a week or so and have tried the site using it today.every time i click to open the thread,the page goes blank.never had it before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…