Dodgy ebay email

Iceman1978 16:13 10 Jul 04

I got a email yesterday which claimed I needed to go to the link & reinput my log in details. The email was a fake, but fooled me for around 10 seconds, as it looked quite realistic. Just thought i tell people as I think some people could be caught out.

Charence 22:00 10 Jul 04

I also received one of these e-mails asking me to submit my credit card and account details in a reply because Ebay were updating their records.

One PROBLEM though!

I don't have an E-bay account.

spuds 22:11 10 Jul 04

Join the club, these scams are on an high at present.

Subscribe to this site click here Well worth the information newsletters.

pmjd 22:37 10 Jul 04
  Dipso 22:52 10 Jul 04

I had 3 of these last week. I always forward them to Ebay to investigate. Also, watch out for similar PayPal spoof emails, very realistic too.

€dstowe 06:07 11 Jul 04

- - and Bank America. Who? I've had one a day for the past week.

Mister Splendid©® 07:50 11 Jul 04
  georgemac 08:20 11 Jul 04

thanks for the link, have subscribed to the newsletter.

now it would be nice if there was something similar for fraud or junk text messages, my son just got one and even though he did not reply reckons it charged a £1 on his o2 payg phone. My cousin (adult) also showed me one (a text, again o2) which offered to send him a list of dogging locations in the UK, I would not like my child to get a text like this or anything similar. Don't know if the network makes a difference, but I've been with vodaphone since March and not one junk text.

Charence 22:04 11 Jul 04

for the links and e-mail addresses, I will report these spoofs right now, hopefully it'll stop them.

antoni34 23:32 11 Jul 04

and it went st8t 2 the bin folder!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…