Do you think Blueyonder is right to have this link

Steven135 23:28 08 Aug 03

The new Blueyonder website has a link to Kazaa under tutorials(Bluetorials)page 6 miscellaneous from the many posts on this site recording problems caused by Kazaa this seems to be very highly irresponsible.

If people want it than fair enough but to be seen to actively encourage the unwary?

click here

Steven135 23:32 08 Aug 03

Sorry link is to home page full link too long, Bluetorials - top broadband sites- page 6.

Kazaa top broadband site?????

powerless 23:39 08 Aug 03

Using KazaA is not legal and providing a link is not.

Forum Editor 23:45 08 Aug 03

(although I think he meant to say "Using KazaA is not illegal"). It's not illegal to use, or even to advertise Kazaa - or any other P2P file-sharing software for that matter.

The illegal bit is the transfer of copyright-protected music files and software from one user to another without paying for the material.

The person transferring the file is illegally distributing the material, and the person downloading it is illegally obtaining it.

powerless 23:52 08 Aug 03

Yes i did mean to say illegal.

Steven135 00:32 09 Aug 03

I know Zazaa is not illegal, crowbars are not illegal but they are certainly handy if you want to miss use them.

I could never see PCA recommending this site as a top download. I think Blueonder are out of order here.

kane_2002k 01:18 09 Aug 03

maybe it's been requested by their customers who are paying them for broadband, and they know alot of their customers use kazaa - so like any company should be are looking to meet their customers needs and wants first of all.

jimv7 01:19 09 Aug 03

ANY tool is dangerous if used in the wrong hands, kaza is a file sharing system, if used wrongly, illegal, pays your money and takes your choice.

rickf 10:12 09 Aug 03

Kazaa is not an illegal site and it is perfectly legitmate to provide the link. Your use of your CDRW at home may well be illegal depending on the poupose to which it is put to use, like copying music cds eg. This site is becoming too censorious!

Forum Editor 13:11 09 Aug 03

I don't think so, and I fail to see a single 'censorius' post in the thread.

rickf 16:21 09 Aug 03

I do not want to argue or upset you but it does seem of late that some postings are that way incline.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…