//some 3rd party need geo

Do you think anyone at Tiscali can read?

Totally-braindead 23:04 26 Apr 05

Five times I've asked Tiscali the same question because I haven't had my service upgraded but I'm forced to the conclusion that no one there is capable of actually reading and this is why.

I'm on 256k broadband and with my upgrade I should the 512 service at the same price and this should have happened at the end of last month, they keep saying they are working on it and have technical differculties. Fair enough as far as it goes but heres the problem. I'm paying £19.99 and the 256k service is £15.99, so since I'm getting the slower service which is £4 cheaper I keep asking them if they will reduce the price and they keep explaining and appologising but won't answer the simple question.

Its not hard, I ask them "as I'm getting the £15.99 service will you reduce the price I now pay to £15.99?" The answers I've got are

" Thank you for contacting Tiscali Technical Support.
The matter is still being dealt with our L2 engineers.At this point of time I am unable to provide an accurate time-frame for this to be complete.
I would appreciate your patience and co-operation in the meanwhile" and

" I can confirm from our records that you are using Tiscali Broadband 256 kbps package. We are already working on this issue and I can assure you that you will be able to upgrade your existing broadband package soon. I apologise for the inconvenience caused."

I'm not asking about the problem I'm asking if I can get the 256k service at the price its meant to be but they don't seem to understand English. So after nearly a month of this I'm cancelling and going to another ISP and hopefully will get one who will be able to read and send an answer to what was actually asked.

Forum Editor 23:53 26 Apr 05

it looks as if you've resolved your own problem.

wiz-king 05:51 27 Apr 05

Why were you e-mailing 'Technical Support', it is a billing problem? Try accounts.

genuinefake 08:34 27 Apr 05

Ha! i have had problems with Tiscali and have also had the constant reply of it 'being dealt with L2 engineers' but after weeks of going nowhere i now intend cancelling my account. I have already changed my isp...

Stuartli 09:55 27 Apr 05

I've had the same problem once or twice with regard to other matters - the respondents skirt around the actual question in the same manner politicians do when facing Humphries or Paxman...:-)

I suspect that basically they have a set list of responses and have to follow them.

jack 10:31 27 Apr 05

Stuartli's last line hits the nail.
Just like us with the some Web forms on all sorts of sites.
Not quite the question/answer, you are looking for.
As FE said the problem solution is in our own hands.

spuds 13:43 27 Apr 05

Tiscali are very wanting on the personal touch, and I think that emails do have a tendency to be answered with an irrelevant response. I generally find that a letter to Kiln Farm eventually solves the problem, not a fast process, but you will eventually get a reply. I find a wait of three to six weeks is the norm, with a human contact via a telephone call from a Tiscali customer service representative, who then tries to solve any problems that you may have, there and then.

Regarding the upgrade fiasco, I would suggest that you go to your Tiscali account and upgrade yourself and see what happens.[This was suggested by Tiscali themselves in my case, and it worked]. Initially I had all types of problems and excuses with the supposed upgrading, from being informed that my exchange could not offer broadband [I already had it, so did my neighbours], to 'our engineers and admin are trying to resolve the problem.

Just keep trying, you will find that it will be all worthwhile in the end.Suggest recorded letter to Kiln Farm about any refunds.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 14:43 27 Apr 05

I have the utter most sympathy for you Totally-braindead I had exactly the same letter upgrade phone tiscali loads of times ,told to goto upgrade page do it your self or you will find you will still pay your 256kbps sevice price for the 512kbps itf they do it you get the discounted price only if you manualy upgrade which only take about 2 days to do mine was done overnight. what a lovely help team they have in INDIA .

Stuartli 17:21 27 Apr 05

If you contact Tiscali on 0845-072-2224 you can upgrade/downgrade virtually immediately.

I had to do it several times last week as the website Upgraded me from DayTime Plus to AnyTime without me being given a choice; all I wanted to do was set up a PAYG account as I the BB activation process had been completed.

Ringing the number enabled me to switch to PAYG, then back to DayTime Plus when I realised my error and then finally to PAYG when my BB modem arrived the day after activation.

What a familiar tale this is.When I first started my Tiscali broadband service (512kbps) it was great but over a period of several months the service and connection speed just got worse,in fact the connection speed actually got to be on a par with dial-up and the technical department came up with some wonderful excuses,busy periods,you have a bad BT line and you live in the wrong area was what I got from them so I changed to BT Yahoo,strange thing is I still live in the same house,use the same phone line and connect at the same times all without any problems at all.

Must be a Tiscali thing!

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 19:40 27 Apr 05

I don`t know y everybody is haveing a bad time with tiscali, i have been with them for what seems to be forever and in all that time I have only been off line maybe 4 times .lovely people to talk to on the phone very chatty and what a veriaty of cultures I never new that India had so many provances and that all call center staff dont have a last name just an inital.they enen save me money buy doing a upgrade myself. they answer the phone promptly and are very curtious none of this putting on hold like other isp exsperences ive had what an A1 ISP brill fab what else can I say

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…