DO WINDOWS SUPPORT TEAMS RING YOU UP ?

sfitz_uk 17:48 01 Jun 15

Do Windows Support Teams ring you out of the blue to tell you they must cure your computer as it is totally corrupted ? They wanted me to pay £230.00 to work on it for two hours to eradicate the Trojans.

AroundAgain 18:47 01 Jun 15

Definitely a scam

If you let them have access to your computer, ie so that they had some control, you must get advice as to how to clean it. They will have left some malware for their own benefit - sorry, I'm not sure of the details

If you gave any payment details, then please notify your bank or organisation urgently so that they will stop any payments

morddwyd 20:17 01 Jun 15

Get yourself a call blocker. It's a well know scam.

HondaMan 11:45 02 Jun 15

Get a CALL-BLOCKER as morddwyd says. I use true-call and it really works. My unwanted clacks have gone from 5 a day to 0in only a few weeks. You have to invest some time to set it up properly, entering numbers of allowed callers etc, but one done, it really just out the unwanted stuff.

BT 12:43 02 Jun 15

DO WINDOWS SUPPORT TEAMS RING YOU UP?

Of course they don't. Just think how many Computers there are all over the world running Windows. They couldn't possibly monitor even a tiny fraction of them and even then how would they know your phone number? As said its a SCAM and the question is asked on a regular basis. Just put the phone down and ignore it.

As some have said you can take measures to block the calls, but in the first instance register with the Telephone Preference Service. Funny thing is although lots of people seem to get these calls, in all the years I've had computers and internet I've never had one myself - Yet!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017