Do Mesh usually take this long?

carlos 21:37 17 May 03

Placed an order on 6thMay for a bog-std Centrino laptop for work, no customisations. Rang them this Friday gone to find out how long it would take and Sales chap confidently assured me it would be with me( or despatched) on 25th May. I was surprised.....have bought Dell PCs and laptops( all customised) for guys at work over last year, and they have all arrived, and working,lol, in less than two weeks.

Forum Editor 22:19 17 May 03

is the world's largest manufacturer of computers.

Mesh is not, and few companies hold large stocks of hardware if they can help it. Having said that, I think I might be a little surprised at having to wait 19 days for a standard item.

carlos 22:40 17 May 03

I've equipped my department with Pcs from Dell 5yrs ago and found ( despite their size) their delivery times quite poor and their backup quite condescending, considering their size, if you consider size to be a positive factor. Hence shifting to other suppliers, for a few years. Not being a bulk buyer, perhaps that's a major factor in response times and their concentration on supplying "the right stuff" to big orders? I always appreciate the human factors but, then don't give customers the excrescence factor in the advertising

carlos 22:42 17 May 03

Thanks for your comments re 19 days!

Sir Radfordin™ 10:04 19 May 03

Just to give you an idea, we ordered a Dell Laptop (standard spec) on the 28th April it has still not come in. Spoke to our account manager (we spend loads as a company with them so they are very keen to keep us happy) and apparently there is a shortage of screens. So that could be the case for Mesh or anyone else - most laptops are built by one or two companies and rebagged.

carlos 10:37 19 May 03

Would be nice if they let you know at the outset, tho. I suppose that there's just too many phone calls to make. Also, they may well lose one's custom if they gave the "actualite" at the outset.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…