Do I need a new graphic display card?

PapaDiddy 21:31 29 Sep 14

I have an HP desktop that I believe has a bottleneck issue with the existing graphics display card. The problem is with rendering photos and slideshow complex transitions. When working in Photodex’s “ProShow Producer” playback of slides on this desktop exhibit a stuttering effect when displaying complex transitions.

My HP Pavilion HPE h8-1360t is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 with a 3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3770K quad-core processor 3.5GHz. The Motherboard is a Pegatron IPMMB-FM installed with 16GB DDR3-133MHz SDRAM. The graphic card is a 1GB DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 7570 (HDMI, DVI, VGA). The power supply is a 460w 12v Rail Power supply. I’m hoping an upgraded graphic card will be the answer, I really don’t feel like changing out the power supply. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks much.

lotvic 23:24 29 Sep 14

I'd look to get a better one. It looks pretty well down on this benchmark website ClickHere videocardbenchmark.net

lotvic 23:30 29 Sep 14

You might find this page ClickHere on same site useful for info, has more cards listed benchmarked in relation to yours (scroll way down the page to yours outlined in red rectangle)

1]: [click here

Number six 23:49 29 Sep 14

Your graphics card should be able to cope with slideshow transitions quite easily, even though it is fairly low-powered. The stuttering effect you describe is quite normal when working in preview mode within the program. Once you have created your finished video, it should playback quite smoothly. Read here:

proshow

PapaDiddy 01:03 30 Sep 14

Wow, thanks for the replies. Proshow states the playback stuttering is normal but the benchmark tests for my card is pretty low. I do notice when I work on photos in Adobe Photoshop that can be a lag before the photo is actually viewable after clicking on it in Adobe's catalog.

I'm sure I don't need the "Rolls Royce" of display cards, just something decent, not too expensive, and can work with 460w power supply. Any suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…