Do I buy a HP notebook?

porterspet 16:46 04 Jun 06

I now live in Greece and need to replace my present laptop.I will buy it here,even though the choice is more limited,dur to problems with guarentees if I buy and bring out here.My best choice here so far is a HP Pavilion DV4450EA.I have never used a HP laptop before so dont know much about them.I have had to go to the HP home site in the US in order to get full spec.Cant get any reviews in UK,probably under different model number.I have seen a review for the 4000 model which was very favourable and the spec is very similar.
Can anyone out there help with advice re HP notebooks in general or even better if anyone has had a 4000 series model?

Forum Editor 16:54 04 Jun 06

which I have used for a couple of years. I have several notebooks, but I always take the HP when I'm travelling, as it's small and light.

It hasn't missed a beat since the day I bought it, and it's had some heavy use. I have no experience of the 4000 series, and can only speak from personal experience - I would certainly buy HP again.

ade.h 17:16 04 Jun 06

In answer to your question; yes, though I prefer the business orientated NX range (I have one of the 8 series.)

porterspet 17:03 05 Jun 06

Thanks for the replies,it all helps a lot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…