Do any computers work?

BILL ODDIE 21:05 30 Jun 04

Posted a question about Carrera v Mesh on a thread yesterday. Many thanks to all responses. Been reading around this forum and find that some people do not recomend Carrera due to poor aftersales.Same seems to be true by other members about Mesh, Time, Dell, Tiny! Are there any computers out there that do work upon delivery and don't require sending back. I understand volume sales but in write ups it would be interesting about return %. Any more thoughts about Mesh Matrix 64 3400 x-bpc v Carrera Octan 64 Pro.Many thanks again to all. PS. Has anyone out there got either of these machines.

oresome 21:18 30 Jun 04

Those that do work, no doubt the vast majority, don't get written about very often and let's face it, would make for pretty dull reading.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:58 30 Jun 04

Mesh and Carrera have been going for many years and this speaks volumes. Personally I would go for a Mesh but they are all much of a muchness. You only live once, Mesh/Octan...get it.

G

wjrt 22:10 30 Jun 04

Novatech XP2100 two years old never been back
despite now exclusively used by teenager now 15,only hearsay but delivery driver comment was they must be good as do not pick many up for return. at time support was via an 0845 (ie local call cost) do not have current info but believe at one point this was changed to 0800 (ie free support)

joesoaps 00:59 01 Jul 04

Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo 600,2.43ghz,512mb memory,dvd+rw,Windows XP,etc etc.

Worked straight out of the box,now into it's 3rd year.Never a single problem,never required any calls to expensive call centres.

I suspect this is what is the norm with most computers because you only here about the problem ones.

Starfox 13:51 01 Jul 04

Must agree with joesoaps regarding the majority of computers that work fine from day one as you never hear about them but get a pc that is faulty and it's owner will tell the world.
Personally I could not reccomend Carrera after my experience with this company but that does not mean that all their products are bad.
What I will reccomend is that you use your credit(not debit) card for your purchase as this will give you some additional security should problems arise.

Stuartli 15:17 01 Jul 04

The vast majority of people who buy a computer, car, hi-fi, TV or similar consumer product find it works exactly as it should - they feel no need to offer praise as it is what they expected on purchase.

However, the small minority who do have problems are often extremely vociferous and make their views as widely known as possible.

That leads to a completely false perspective of the reliability of the vast range of consumer goods, £29.99 microwaves or DVD players for instance excepted.

They are built down to a price to satisfy those who want something for nothing and have little relevance in the overall picture. Cheaper to buy a new one than repair it, even if you could get it fixed.

I bought a £750 Mesh system late last year on behalf of an elderly friend. It was delivered bang on time, worked straight out of the box, has done so ever since in spite of the initial inexperience of its owner and, I'm sure, will continue to do so.

There is always going to be the odd problem with a number of new systems - no system builder can foresee a component from an outside supplier becoming faulty within a short space of time.

The good system builders, however, have a solid support and after sales service to put right such matters as quickly and smoothly as possible with the minimum of customer inconvenience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…