Dixons Done at last!!

yorkie2k 12:09 18 Apr 05

click here

Hopefully this is a start!

spuds 15:08 18 Apr 05

This is a problem that the DGS group have known about for some time, and correct staff training procedures are still lacking at some stores.Perhaps this type of court case will convince the DSG group of companies, or any other retailer that there are consumer laws out there, that must be fully understood and implemented by all parties.

I find that there is nothing more annoying, than having to fight for your basic rights, via perhaps expensive legal action.

Forum Editor 18:43 18 Apr 05

and I'll do the same thing if anyone else decides to post fanciful and totally unfounded allegations about The DSG.

jakimo 19:18 18 Apr 05

In the case of the Toshiba product,it must be asked why it has taken 3 years to resolve this case when it was clear that the retailer was in breach of the trading regs,once established that the goods were pre-owned pc world could have settled the matter without going to law and saved both their reputation and a lot of money

Pooke100 20:59 18 Apr 05

I buy lots from PC World and Currys, not Dixons because they're further away.

This case is a very very rare incident, I think there's more chance of me winning the lottery.

I have total faith in all my purchases from these stores, some of the stuff has been running for years and any faults (rare) have been fixed/replaced without hassle.

g0nvs 21:03 18 Apr 05

Seems all too often people buy "second hand" instead of new from DSG.

Pooke100 21:13 18 Apr 05

Then don't buy "discounted" goods if your worried about it's origins, from ANY retailer. Stick to buying general sale items.

Anything I have purchased has always came in perfect packaging, everything there and not a scratch on them.

Think the FE's gonna delete this one soon.....

Going back about five years I used to work for them as a sales assistant.My training consisted of a twenty minute talk on my first morning ending with an instruction to *go out there and sell,sell,sell*.In the store where I worked we sales people used to have a little motto for ourselves which was*Never mind the quality,get an extended warranty*.

Things may have changed for the better now,in fact I really do hope so but I know I would never ask for information from one of their sales assistants.

james55 21:51 18 Apr 05

I bought a Camera & a Laptop from Dixons, my camera had a problem after two years (Extended Warranty). It was a Minolta & was repaired with a Minolta dealer and came back as good as new.

I have had the Laptop (Packard Bell) nearly two years with no problems.

However when you think about the volume of sales DSG have then under sods law things will go wrong.

A small business will have more time to wipe a Hard Disc therefore escape such problems and we would be none the wiser.

Very true,in my time at DGS we did a massive amount of sales and the majority of them were trouble free,and of the ones that were faulty I would say that about 25 to 30% were customer caused, particulary with computers and video recorders,you could not believe some of the things we found inside video recorders,put there by the children we always presumed.Mind you we did have a few with *Adult* films jammed in them.

As for computers people used to do the most unbelievable things to them.If you had never driven a car in your life you would not dream of buying a Ferrari and going racing with it would you,but people can buy a pc and fill it with all sorts of software,or browse the internet with no anti-virus,then they would bring it back claiming it was faulty and *It was like that when we got it from you* yeah!ok.

DGS are not that bad, we actually had repeat custom from quite a few people,but the sales training was a bit grim and that is what seems to be behind a lot of the complaints regarding selling used as new.

Totally-braindead 22:24 18 Apr 05

I can't comment on how common these sort of things are, they may be very, very rare. What I do have to say is that its very disappointing that DSG let things go so far, according to the article it was human error and they are considering an appeal. If someone mucks things up and lets something which is second hand be sold as ex display then surely the sensible thing to do is to either arrange a full refund or a brand new replacement or offer a sustantial discount. Now they are considering an appeal after losing? Its bad enough they make mistakes and fail to rectify them but now they are going to appeal it, I mean its clear they're in the wrong so why consider an appeal. Very silly in my opinion it will only draw more attention and bad press to it. Everyone makes mistakes and all companies do too but they've really let themselves down I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…