Ditch I river and Buy Ipod Photo 60gb?

Wirral Bagpuss 22:50 18 Jul 05

I have had my iriver h340 mp3 player since last summer. However i am sorely tempted by the ipod photo 60gb mp3 player. Had a play with one today and i was so very nearly unleashing my credit card !!!!
I am not sure if i would be making the right decision to dump i river and join the ipod revolution. It seems to me there is alot more accessories and support for the ipod than there is for the iriver. So can anyone advise me as to whether i should buy the ipod photo 60gb or not?

Forum Editor 23:12 18 Jul 05

as if you've really made up your mind anyway, and all you want is someone to help you over the credit-card hurdle.

I think we all know that feeling, so yes, I believe you should buy that iPod tomorrow, if not sooner.

You can send me the iRiver as a reward for being so helpful - I'm not proud.

TomJerry 23:55 18 Jul 05

major omission in ipod photo design

it should have a build-in memory card reader slot to copy photo directly from camera memory card such as SD card

Kate B 18:04 19 Jul 05

I've got a 60GB photo iPod and it's fantastic. Lots of fab accessories - and if you want to get pictures from a digital camera on to it get this doohickey:
click here

Forum Editor 18:58 19 Jul 05

is to a session url, so you'll get a timeout error. You should find what you need if you
click here and browse.

Kate B 15:54 20 Jul 05

whoops, sorry - thanks, FE.

bfoc 00:52 21 Jul 05

You want to know which cameras are compatible with the Apple camera connector click here

I too am mighty tempted by these new iPods - so there may be two winging their way to the Wirral!

By the way the Apple Store is doing them at a reasonable price and with free delivery and free etching. If you are a student they are even cheaper!

originalmiscellany 07:53 22 Jul 05

in that if you're a teacher/educator/student, you get 10% off as long as you show them you work for an educational establishment. It's not quite the same as the dirt cheap software MS offer, but 10% is 10%, especially as prices are pretty constant...

Wirral Bagpuss 02:07 23 Jul 05

oooh ! I have the Nikon D70 as well !!! That's torn it !!! Am gonna have to get this now...

simonali 11:09 23 Jul 05

Only one thing you have to watch and that's that the 60GB one is a little thicker than all the others and doesn't fit in some cradles etc.

BigMan24 12:39 23 Jul 05

Hi there,

I am also thinking of buying an iPod 60GB Photo. I heard someone mention that i could get a student discount, but i couldnt find anything talking about a student discount on the website.

Please could someone tell me how to get this student discount?

Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…