Distance Trading Regulations

GRFT 06:15 11 Mar 05

I wish to return goods under these regulations and have informed the suppler that I wish to do so but my emails are ignored. What is my next step?

medicine hat 09:23 11 Mar 05

Which supplier, what goods and when did you receive the goods?

GRFT 12:22 11 Mar 05

I don't really want to post that information until the issue is resolved. Suffice to say that the supplier was informed well within the seven-day cancellation period. There is a point of contention under the exceptions ruling but I'm confident that I have a solid case.

medicine hat 13:40 11 Mar 05

Right. Are you saying the supplier has advised you the goods are not covered by the DSR or that you have checked over the DSR and are not entirely convinced you are covered? Either way it would probably be a good idea to have a chat with your local Trading Standards.

spuds 19:58 11 Mar 05

Distance Selling Regulations click here

Trading Standards click here

GRFT 08:37 12 Mar 05

Well, I'm pleased to say that the supplier has had second thoughts and now agrees to cancel. Thanks, spuds, for the links.
It's my impression that few online retailers are aware of the regulations. They must, for example, give prior notice to the buyer of the right to cancel the order. I do quite a lot of buying online and only one supplier, Panasonic, has ever provided this information. This was in the form of a printed notice included with the goods.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…