Distance Selling Regulations - from Canada?

Graham. 08:58 27 Jul 07

I bought a set of DVDs of a TV program from Canada. They are of poor quality and I would like to return them for a refund.

I paid by credit card, but the price was less than £100.

I've had no response to emails.

What are my options?

Stuartli 11:36 27 Jul 07

I would still get in touch with your credit card company.

Distance Selling Regulations would, I suspect, not cover Canada...:-)

Graham. 12:46 27 Jul 07

Received a reply that they will credit my card with C$99.98, which is the price before shipping. Don't seem to want the goods back.

My card company says any problems, and they will take it up with the supplier.

spuds 14:48 27 Jul 07

The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 click here would not cover Canada.

The administration and cost of returns and resending is possible more than the retailer considers worthwhile. Don't dispose of the goods, and keep them safe and protected until the matter is fully settled.

Stuartli 15:44 27 Jul 07

That seems a very fair response in view of the fact they have not had any actual proof i.e. been able to examine and watch the DVDs in question.

But still keep an eye open for that refund..:-)

Graham. 19:45 27 Jul 07

'excellent video and audio quality because it is digitally mastered' from their website:

click here

With up to five 2 hour episodes on one DVD, they have to be digitally compressed as well. So I guess they already know the quality is poor.

Graham. 12:57 31 Jul 07

My credit card has been refunded.

Stuartli 13:20 31 Jul 07

Good..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…