Dissapointment with PC Advisor

bpu01 16:47 19 Jul 07

I have purchased PC advisor for many years.
Some years ago i took subsciption via their telephone sales. I now subscibe by my online acount.
Every six months i get a call from 0207 925 3600 asking me to re-new my subsciptio. I tell them everytime that i have a online current annual subsciption and can they stop calling me. They always say that my details have been removed for marketing calls but i keep getting the calls.
This is starting to p**ve me off now.
I have had a stressful day today with my child being in hospital. I am currently awaiting a very imnportant phone call from our medical team. Guess what, them idiots from PC Advisor sales rang me to re-new my subsciption. I have again told them i have an annual online subsciption and can they stop calling me. Again sorry i have put a note on the screen to stop this.
Can someone from PCAdvisor take control of this and stop bothering me. I use to have a very high opinion of PC Advisor and the great help they normally provide. What is the point of a privacy poilicy as it does not work.

tom_d 17:41 19 Jul 07

Thank you for your email. I am sorry to hear that you have received a call that you do not wish to receive. To clarify, can you confirm that you have a print subscription - if so this should certainly not be happening.

If you do not have a print subscription (you mention an annual online subscription, but this is not available), it may explain why you have received the calls.

Alternatively it will be a glitch on your record which means that the correct box has not been ticked. I can assure you that this is a very rare occurance, and if you send me a private reply with your name and contact details, I will arrange for this to be dealt with immediately.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience caused, and as soon as I have heard from you I will be in a position to deal with your enquiry.

Kind regards

Tom
Subscriptions Manager

bpu01 18:24 19 Jul 07

tom_d
Many thanks for your speedy response.

I currently subscribe for 12 issues of the PC Advisor magazine with DVD which is sent to me by post.

I was suprised 6 months ago when a lady called to discuss subscibing to PCAdvisor and when i told her that my subscription is upto date and can they stop calling me, she said i would have to write to the publisher for this request?

I will email you from the "contact" link at the bottom of this web page with my details.

Once again many thanks for your speedy response.

Forum Editor 18:27 19 Jul 07

Don't do that - email Tom personally. Click on the small envelope next to his name, and that will enable you to send a message to him.

bpu01 18:46 19 Jul 07

Forum Editor

"Don't do that - email Tom personally. Click on the small envelope next to his name, and that will enable you to send a message to him."

Sorry for being a complete dummy. You would think after claiming to regularly read the magazines over the years i would have by mow have some online knowledge.

laurie53 20:29 19 Jul 07

Nah! It's this rubbishy mag you read!

(It's a joke FE!)

grumpygramp 13:50 20 Jul 07

Tom D will sort it . I can vouch for him sorting a problem for me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…