Display over two monitors - how/any good?

Corptax 16:05 28 Jan 05

Two quick questions; I now have two monitors, one with VGA, the other DVI. How do I set them up so that I can obtain different windows applications (eg Word & Ecel)on each monitor?

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, is the result any good? Main use will be for for office applications.

Any guidance greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sir Radfordin 16:50 28 Jan 05

Does your graphics card have both VGA and DVI output? If so you may get away with plugging one monitor into each. If not you will need to buy another card.

Once you have windows recognising two monitors you can go to the display settings (control panel) and extend the desktop on to the second monitor.

What this will do is link both screens to make one virtual desktop area. Having done that you can drag your applications from screen to screen or extend across both.

It is great for large excel sheets, editing documents, using software that has floating toolboxes and generally anything that you need a large display area for.

JonnyTub 17:30 28 Jan 05

as per sir radforin except that you can quite cheaply buy a dvi to vga connector click here i had to for mine as it had one vga and one dvi (dual head) output, but both my screens are vga

Stuartli 18:04 28 Jan 05

Windows will/should automatically recognise that there are two monitors connected from Display>Properties and you can then do the configuration.

MS info:

click here

click here

Also:

click here

Corptax 09:25 31 Jan 05

Thank you very much for the advice; query resolved in just over an hour!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…