Display options, hard work getting it right.

Giantsquid 23:16 22 Apr 05

Hi all,
Just got a new Graphics card, Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis to replace my last card that went bang.

Put the new card in and run the driver disc, all ok, after the usual need to shut down and re-boot windows to allow the new settings to take effect all my Icons were too small and all over the place, after going into Display and changing a few things still it was hit and miss to get the Icons how I like them, now after getting them about right at 1280x960 even this forum is difficult to read ! and the text is too small ! seems real hard to get everything just right, some sites to small others ok, anyone help on this one,

Pooke100 23:43 22 Apr 05

in the internet browser have you went to view> text size?

I find that 1024 by 768 is a good setting for me.

Giantsquid 09:49 23 Apr 05

Just tried your setting and the Icons are massive ! something going wrong here...

Pooke100 09:56 23 Apr 05

lol....what size of screen do you have and whats its native resolution? My icons are about 1.5 cm tall. Just keep playing about until your comfortable.

Joe R 13:00 23 Apr 05

To get the size of your icons right, right click on an open bit of desktop, click on properties-appearance-advanced, and pull the drop down "item" box to icon. Change size to 32 and apply.

Joe R 13:02 23 Apr 05

sorry, meant to add, when opening up the appearance menu, set the font size to large.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…