Disgraceful Talk Talk

anskyber 11:58 14 Feb 09

A few weeks ago I checked the availability of Talk Talk services to my telephone number on line. In common with reputable companies Talk Talk asked me to insert my telephone number for line checking. The biggest mistake I have made since in my view the subsequent behaviour of this company is reprehensible.

Since then I have received silent calls other than the odd background noise or giggle. The number is 01415676206 which I have tracked down to Talk Talk. This happens daily at different times. TPS cannot do anything because it is a "silent" call so not marketing, I can at a cost call block with BT. The aim of course by Talk Talk is to get you to ring back and they then cannot be accused of marketing.

Be aware this is gutter tactics and even if they had the perfect package for me they would never get my custom.

Joe R 12:16 14 Feb 09

anskyber,

the phone number you have put up, is a Glasgow number.

Is this where Talk Talk are based now?

TopCat® 14:09 14 Feb 09

I would be most surprised if this is now the actual method used by TT to gain customers. I would complain in the strongest terms to their CEO Charles Dunstone, who would then have no choice but to have the matter investigated.

Registered Office: The Carphone Warehouse Group PLC
1 Portal Way
London
W3 6RS ([email protected]) information that is freely available from the web.

I would also complain to Ofcom at click here and notify Mr Dunstone accordingly of your action. TC.

KremmenUK 14:38 14 Feb 09

Thanks for the heads up - doesn't surprise me though, I've heard of all sorts with this mob.

"As advertised on Watchdog" as well.

Stuartli 15:21 14 Feb 09

If TalkTalk contacts you by telephone (a representative rang me only yesterday with an upgrade offer), it is done openly and very politely.

Notwithstanding that the proposed upgrade offer would have represented a downgrade, which I equally politely pointed out, the representative concerned proffered his thanks for me giving up my time and we ended the conversation.

My guess was that TT has probably realised that my now three-year-old AnyTime International3 package is perhaps just a bit too much special value...:-)

anskyber 15:24 14 Feb 09

It seems I am not alone click here

Stuartli 18:10 14 Feb 09

It would seem that the call centre involved is more to blame than TalkTalk - it would be easy for it to adopt a "Caller withheld their number" approach, rather than a standard phone number that can be quickly ascertained using 1471.

anskyber 18:12 14 Feb 09

You may be right but they still operate on behalf of TT and it has to be assumed with their blessing.

My second link suggests that TT may find it hard to claim they have no knowledge of the problem.

Spark6 23:45 14 Feb 09

My recent experience with TT is similar to stuartli's. Two calls offering me a 'freebie' if I committed myself for a further 18 months. Declined politely, no hassle.

Forum Editor 00:22 15 Feb 09

who has received two or three silent calls from the same number since telling Talk Talk that he didn't want to take up their service.

On the last occasion he told the caller (he could hear that someon was on the line) that if they didn't stop caling he would report the matter to the police as a nuisance call. Since then he has received no further calls.

anskyber 09:02 15 Feb 09

Thank you, that sounds like a good approach.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017