Disgraceful HP charges

staples printer cartridge 12:03 20 Jan 05

I started using an old ipag again after it had lain dormant for a long while and the battery is dead. Contacted HP via the UK support site and was answered by North American support; they told me to contact the UK. I poned before christmas and it took someone over 7 minutes just to take down my details and tell me that someone would call with a quote - nobody did. I evetually got through to someone who told me they don't do a battery replacement as such but charge a fixed rate for repair. £170. I was dumbfounded at such an extortionate price. HP obviusoly just think we mugs will therefore buy a new one. Not this mug, in fact I am tempted to say I will not purchase another HP product ever. Unbelievable.

Belatucadrus 12:58 20 Jan 05

click here

Have a word with Absolute, they're very good and if there is an alternative option, they'll know.

staples printer cartridge 18:37 20 Jan 05

Thanks for that. They still wanted £70 + VAT and carriage so I think maybe an alternative bit of kit is needed as I can't justify that amount of money on a battery....my car battery is half that price!

Aristocatman 21:22 21 Jan 05

If the battery is truly dead you could try prising the case apart it may contain standard rechargeable cells that you can replace. There was a firm called Sparkright that used to 'do' all the Computer Fairs that sold just about every type & shape rechargable cells ever made online search may find them or a similar company.

Aristocatman 21:52 21 Jan 05

try: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…