Disgraceful Dabs Service...

Jimmy14 16:06 12 Jan 07

Bought a PDA from them in December and it only took 2 days to come. On the 2nd of January I tried to turn the pda on when the blue bar that loads gets half way then it automatically turns off again. I have tried taking the battery out and using the power adapter but still the same. I requested via the my account section of the dabs website that my pda be returned and replaced on the 5th of January. I picked the date of Tuesday the 9th of January for the courier to come and collect my pda and everything was fine. I got someone to wait in my house on Tuesday for the courier coming but no-one turned up at all. The same happened on Wednesday so I used their online chat service and a man told me to wait up till 6pm and then disconnected me before I could say anything. No-one appeared at 6pm and I couldnt get back on their chat service as it was supposedly busy after 6pm. Yesterday no courier arrived again and I sent them an email and went on their chat service and a lady said she had requested the courier to come out again. I got a reply from my email today and this is a understatement. It says that a courier has already been out on the 9th and 11th which is totally not true. It also says if I wish for the collection to be attempted again then I will have to pay £7.95 plus delivery. I have requested that the returns be cancelled as I am so appauled at this unreliable and unacceptable company.

FreeCell 17:40 12 Jan 07

Sympathy with the frustration, but it sounds like the courier has got the address wrong and therefore not directly Dabs fault. I have had a similar problem caused by a courier driver going to the wrong house.

Seems though that Dabs policy of not having any contact phone number means that they can't resolve problems quickly.

FreeCell 17:46 12 Jan 07

See post for contact numbers for Dabs
click here

spuds 17:46 12 Jan 07

There seems to be some confusion here.

The courier as informed Dabs that they have made two attempts to collect (9th/11th) and you say that it is totally not true. Did you think about asking for the couriers details, so that you could make a direct enquiry about the situation?.

Who are you blaming for this incident, as the "unreliable and unacceptable company", Dabs or the courier?.

You have cancelled the returns, so perhaps that is the end of the matter now!.

€dstowe 18:48 12 Jan 07

dabs use a delivery company called Home Delivery Networks who I have found are completely unreliable in finding addresses.

Three times now I have had deliveries returned to the depot because the driver said my address didn't exist.

Now, I live and work in a small village where everyone knows everyone else. Is it beyond the drivers intelligence to stop and ask someone where my place is? It's not as if it's hidden away - the village is too small to hide anything.

I have to add that the drivers who do eventually get the goods to me are good and they admit that the company does have some drivers who leave a lot to be wished for in the brain power department.

puma22 19:19 12 Jan 07

I have had a few things delivered by this company. I think that it run on some kind of self employed/ comission only basis. I have had brilliant service, but I suppose that if my assuptions about the way it is organised is correct, it is very much down to how concientious the individual dlivery contractor is. My one tends to appear in the evening or weekends (even Sunday) when they are more likley to get someone home
Not that this helps you. I would be careful about 'throwing your toys out of the pram'. If you cancel the returns, what are you going to do with a faulty piece of kit?

Al94 19:36 12 Jan 07

They are well documented as being first clas "box shifters" but found wanting in terms of follow up customer service if thins go wrong. That was my experience and personally would never use the again,

Jimmy14 00:06 13 Jan 07

"Did you think about asking for the couriers details, so that you could make a direct enquiry about the situation?.

Who are you blaming for this incident, as the "unreliable and unacceptable company", Dabs or the courier?.

You have cancelled the returns, so perhaps that is the end of the matter now!."

I have asked them on 2 ocassions to enquire about the actual courier and they tell me to email them again and ask why but why should I any more? I am blaming Dabs themselves for being unacceptable and definitely unreliable because they keep pamming me off with saying the courier has came and when I use their chat service to enquire why they tell me I have to pay for a courier to come again and promptly disconnect me. They should be the ones who fix problems with the courier on their customers behalf after paying £300. I am fed up with them, that much I have asked for the return to be cancelled. I asked for a refund but was told again that I needed to return the pda and my reply was, well come and get it like you say you have already done. 1st and last dealings with Dabs.

HondaMan,

Now that

youn have cancelled the return, what are you going to do.

I am going to pursue the HP service center to see if they will fix it.

puma22,

Not that this helps you. I would be careful about 'throwing your toys out of the pram'. If you cancel the returns, what are you going to do with a faulty piece of kit?

Try getting it fixed by HP. I am actually appauled at Dabs' after sales customer service. Stupid one way corresponding by email which takes 12 hours to get an answer (working hours)

A194,

"They are well documented as being first clas "box shifters" but found wanting in terms of follow up customer service if thins go wrong. That was my experience and personally would never use the again,"

Thats true. Quick at delivering goods but dont want to know you afterwards. They think its my problem that their courier (their responsibility) wont turn up.

Jimmy14 00:09 13 Jan 07

I am now enquiring into making an official complaint against this incapable once again bar nil customer service company.

wee eddie 00:52 13 Jan 07

And how do you think that you will complain, to whom, via whom.

What will you achieve. Their Transport system failed for whatever reason. Concentrate on achieving the result you need, not on a futile attempt to rock the system.

I know that that will be frustrating, but it's the only way that you will solve your problem.

Jimmy14 18:02 14 Jan 07

I have emailed Dabs outlining I wish to make a complaint regarding my unacceptable service and the bad attitudes of some of their staff. I have told them that after consulting my lawyer I await their response preferrably from management and wish to pursue their complaints procedure. They dont have very good trading standards especially so I mite inform of TS about this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5