For the discerning few.......

Diemmess 17:28 15 Jan 07

From an Aol update (just received).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ Over the next six months we will be increasing your AOL Broadband Silver download speed from up to 1Mbps to up to 2Mbps*. And it won't cost you a penny more. Faster broadband means that you'll be able to open web pages, play games, store photos, and download files, music, films and videos in half the time. And you don't have to do a thing.

The speed upgrade will happen automatically. We will write to let you know when the speed upgrade starts, and again as soon as your connection speed has been upgraded. You will continue to be able to access and browse the Internet as normal.

To find out more visit AOL Keyword: Speed Upgrade

We hope that you enjoy your faster download speeds and an even better AOL Broadband online experience.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not holding my breath that the upgrade will be silky smooth.
Last time the speed was doubled it took a lot of argument to convince Aol that I wasn't receiving the promised upgrade. Similarly a nearby daughter with the same BT area code.

On the strength of the protest, each of us had an upgrade in speed and a considerable downgrade in subscription.

mymate 17:42 15 Jan 07

I dont think my exchange will let me have 2 Mpbs,can someone do me a "click here" so i can check if i can have the new speed .
Please.

spuds 18:37 15 Jan 07

mymate, try click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac