Direct debit and Atlantic

Rwstill 19:48 16 Dec 04

I was with Alantic until November the 8th, now changed to Powergen.
Snag is now Adlantic as taken a direct debit payment this month, they were not entitled to take (I forgot to cancel the direct debit payment, I have now)
I was in credit with Adlantic before this payment. I have phoned them for the final bill and a rebate. They say that they have not had the final reading, Powergen told me that they sent it to them a month ago.
If I owed them money, I would have had the final bill next day.
Anyone know how I should proceed now?

I went to my bank, Barclays and asked if they can get the direct debit payment back under the direct debit guarantee but the answer I got off them was because I had an agreement with Adlantic there is not a lot they can do.

To me it seems that guarantee is worthless.

Bit of advise, only pay the least amount you can get away with in direct debit, better you owe them.

Anyone know how I should proceed now?

All help thankfully received.

georgemac 07:52 17 Dec 04

I found Atlantic very poor. I was also nearly £200 in credit with them, but eventually after 4 phone calls to customer services I got it refunded - although you should not have to ask for your own money back.

I would call Atlantic again, have your account numbers at hand, and your final readings which you must have supplied to powergen. Take down the name of the person you are speaking to, give them your account numbers, final readings and date of transfer, request that they issue you with your final bills and refund any monies due. Ask them how long this will take.

Alternatively, I would put all the above details in a letter and send it to Atlantic by recorded delivery - this should do the trick.

Rwstill 15:51 17 Dec 04

Thanks Georgemac

That's a good idea to give them the readings I supplied Powergen with.
Then they have no excuse, hopefully.
I will try that
Again thanks.

Ranger 23:32 18 Dec 04

I was with atlantic, moved house and supplier, gave them a reading, bill through and they owed me cash, I sent them a letter and got the money owed refunded by cheque within a week or two

Jonathan314159 18:06 19 Dec 04

If you don't get a satisfactory response, complain to energywatch (I think before you can refer to them you have to have tried to get it resolved initially with the power company).

The Atlantic business is now owned by Scottish & Southern - they have one of the better records on customer service, and will be concerned to quickly resolve any energywatch complaints

Rwstill 17:35 20 Dec 04

Ranger, why did you have to send a letter?
If as you stated they owe you money, they should have sent it you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…