DinoPC help please

Scarletford 20:40 30 Nov 10

Hi, this is my first post and not sure if this is the right place, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
My husband and I have ordered a mini PC (Nanosaur 270) from DinoPC. We order this on 25/11, and paid £139 plus £25 for delivery. My husband received an email to say it will be delivered in 2-3 weeks, fair enough.
Today, he got an email saying that they don't have any Nanosaur 270's in stock, so they've offered us a Foxconn Netbox NT410. They've said they'll give this to us at no extra cost, however the spec they've given us if for a lower spec PC than the one we've already paid for, and doesn't (as far as we can tell) include a hard drive!
Are they able to actually take the money before they've even confirmed what's actually been ordered?
Have we been slightly ripped off here?
Really concerned we've just lost nearly £200 just before Christmas :(
Many thanks for any advice.

Jameslayer 23:07 30 Nov 10

If they havnt got the item you ordered then you are fully entitled to a full refund. I am unsure about the timescale for this. Someone will be along soon with all the info. Also how did you pay for it?

Is dinopc.com were you ordered it from.

DinoPC 11:52 01 Dec 10

The mini PCs we sell are based on a Foxconn barebone, the one we proposed as a free upgrade has much better specification and is normally £20 more. The one you ordered is based on an Atom N270 CPU, this model has been discontinued, and we proposed a model that has the faster D410 CPU and other improvements. The system would come with HDD and memory and Operating System set up. The only thing we needed to let customers know in the email was that the colour will be white not black, and we needed your approval that it's fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…