Digital TV for PC2

Yimbo 15:41 09 Nov 10

Just had an email via Ashampoo recommending this product. Anyone got an opinion? Is it as good as it seems? Thanks!

tullie 18:09 09 Nov 10

Link please

Yimbo 19:31 09 Nov 10
  spuds 20:03 09 Nov 10

I have many program offers from Ashampoo, usually with regular discounts or for free.

Looking at this product from the link, is perhaps similar to that which can be obtained via a usb internet radio and tv player dongle, for £4-£6 from somewhere like eBay.

The dongle that I have, is suppose to cover 38.000 radio stations and 18.000 tv stations world-wide. And it isn't limited to one pc?.

ams4127 21:55 09 Nov 10

Total rubbish. Don't bother.

Yimbo 11:04 10 Nov 10

for your responses! ams4217 sounds pretty final- but I'll have a look at what you say, spuds!

tullie 12:08 10 Nov 10

I agree with ams4217

atomic napalm 16:01 02 May 11

I wouldn't recommend Digital TV for PC2 because many channels are redundant, loops, youtube video clips, pre-recorded ect. there are only a few channels I checked out that interested me such as the gaming channels that are live however they do lag and stall in streaming. There are also many channels that have disable embedding making them not able to stream at all.

proudfoot 17:10 02 May 11

If you have internet access you can watch most freeview channels using TVCatchup http://www.tvcatchup.com/ and it is free. The picture is pretty good the only downside is a short advert when going on to the first channel. Also you do not need a fast BB mine works on 1.7Gb/sec D/L speed without buffering.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…