Digital TV on PC

iqs 20:05 16 Aug 07

Hello All,

I would like to watch digital TV on my PC.There are many products available,but which one is worth buying?.Any personal recommendations appreciated please.I am running WIN XP Media ED.

Thanks,Mike

diy 21:19 16 Aug 07

I have one of these running on a 1.25 Athlon, 512MB ram
click here
Plugged into a loft aerial the picture looks good to me, though I havnt tired the supplied aerial.

BioBob 01:34 17 Aug 07

We have cable TV at work and the latest PC we got came with the HVR 3000. It says in the manual that its a "Tri-Mode TV tuner, DVB-S Digital Sat, Terrestrial & Analogue Cable TV". So compatible with anything! Just the job for youirrespective of the input source you have.

iqs 19:15 17 Aug 07

BioBob,and thanks for your comments....

Has anyone heard of or using the Dazzle USB TV stick?.There is no software to install,it is included in the device.Amazon and PC World are both selling it.

Is it an option?.

Cheers

Smiler 20:08 17 Aug 07

I have one of these click here and it's brilliant comes with excellent software for recording to hdd.

Stuartli 00:18 18 Aug 07

You need a Freeview PCI or USB stick Digital+Analogue device.

Examples are:

click here

click here

or a USB stick type such as:

click here

Stuartli 00:20 18 Aug 07

I would recommend my own Twinhan Freeview D+A PCI TV card (model 3054) but, unfortunately, it's been discontinued.

Although I installed the Twinhan PVR software for it, for 99 per cent of the time I use ShowShifter.

However, ShowShifter also died the death, although it's much superior to the Twinhan equivalent.

iqs 20:38 18 Aug 07

Smiler and Stuartli,and many thanks for your help.
It seems there are many different products available,all with various problems.Its either software or hardware,according to the reviews...ref Amazon.I'm still not sure which one is the best :-(

The quest go's on.

Once again thank you all for your time.Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now