digital tv card

picklsey 05:44 28 May 06

recomendations on above please prefer tried and tested.looking for one thats got freeview (if thats what it,s called).

xp pro..............thanks in advance.

picklsey 05:48 28 May 06

sorry should have said prefer one that fits inside pc.i have the asus an32 sli deluxe m/b if that helps.

thanks again.

rmcqua 07:18 28 May 06

This manufacturer has been in the TV card business since the start. I have a work colleague who bought one of these cards and is very pleased with it.

click here

Stuartli 12:44 28 May 06

Quite a few here:

click here

I have the Twinhan DTB-ter D+A, but ditched the not very good Cyberlink PowerCinema software when Twinhan eventually brought out its updated drivers and software for the card.

picklsey 13:51 28 May 06

thanks for comments so far .will let the thread run a little longer.

jack 14:32 28 May 06

All the above are good recommendations for a PCI card
Have you thought about a USB dongle version I have the Freecom DV3 from click here
Works just fine.
Strange thing is - I am in a strong signal area but it does not want to work with a hook up to the main house Aeriel - it works much better with its own little spike on a sucker stuck to the window.

Stuartli 23:51 28 May 06

e-Buyer is selling a similar dongle as mentioned by jack for just £19.99(!):

click here

picklsey 04:10 29 May 06

thanks for the link decided to give that one a go ordered it will see how it goes.

jack thanks for input got me thinking away from internal card.

thanks all for your help.

rsinbad 09:25 29 May 06

click here stuarti is this the same model quite cheap here

spuds 09:45 29 May 06

>bookmarked<

Stuartli 10:47 29 May 06

Yes, it's the same as mine. It doesn't mention the fact that you can also watch (and record) input from a games console, VCR etc.

But, if you decide to buy one, throw away the PowerCinema software - it's useless in this instance for reasons well documented in previous threads by me.

Twinhan took some time to update its own BDA drivers and software and these can be downloaded from:

click here

The Hybrid software 2.62 and BDA drivers for the VP-3054 (there are two choices here, one a WHQL version and the second the latest; both work but I use the non-WHQL) are the ones to download.

Note that these won't download in Firefox, only Internet Explorer.

I've also found that installing the drivers and software from within Windows is better than using the Found New Hardware wizard, especially the BDA drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…