Digital TV Card

sil_ver 11:51 24 Sep 03

Anyone have experience with this type of 'freeview' card? if so which is best and/or cheapest and where from.

kinger 12:07 24 Sep 03

I tried a TV Card but had problems installation / reception etc.

I now use Hauppauge (pronounced 'hop hog')
DEC 2000 external (you can use it on PC or with TV as set top box) and it is brilliant.

I get most channels, teletext, time delay recording, Digital radio channels and it's faultless.

Purchased from PC World who said that I could bring it back if I didn't receive many channels, around eighty quid.

You can buy much cheaper units but you get what you pay for.

sil_ver 13:09 24 Sep 03

Thanks for the input. Will have a look.

SEASHANTY 15:59 24 Sep 03

Also have a look at this discussion on TV cards.
click here
Also noted when in Argos this morning that the WinTV Nova T USB in the ARGOS EXTRA catalogue. Page 1163. Is priced at £99-49, which is comparable with many of the Freeview digital set top boxes from several

Bailey08787 18:39 24 Sep 03

i'm not sure if this applies to digital tv through pc's (i imagine it does) - but with the set-top freeview box I bought for my TV, you need to have a digital-capable aerial installed on the roof too

Jack D 19:44 24 Sep 03

The DEC 2000 is definitely the the most versatile, doubling as a set top box and as a PC Tuner. Providing your aerial is up to it and you are in a good reception area you can't go wrong.

SEASHANTY 20:49 24 Sep 03

With the WinTV Nova-t you can record digital freeview channels to the hard disk in MPEG-2. Check
the Hauppauge UK website click here

sil_ver 02:00 25 Sep 03

Certainly gives me something to think about.

Seashanty. Thanks for the link to the discussion, I'd forgotten about that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…