digital TFT vs analogue.

Qmar 22:15 06 Sep 03

Has anyone gone from a ordinary to a digital TFT.. was there any benefit?
Is it only for 'digital' graphics card.?

Djohn 23:42 06 Sep 03

In theory, using the DVI input on a TFT monitor will give a superior display because there is no conversion of signal to be done. In practise, [Normal everyday use] you will be hard pushed to notice the difference.

If you have a graphic card and monitor and both of them support DVI, then yes, use it, But I don't think it would be worth the extra cost of buying a new card. There are no other major differences, the TFT with analogue input still sets itself up automatically and self adjust for best display. j.

powerless 02:08 07 Sep 03

With the DVI i can up the brightness of everything by using the "Digital Vibrance" setting on the nvidias display settings. So there is one difference over the anolougue connection.

Does improve things.

Qmar 03:09 07 Sep 03

Thanks Djohn & Powerless.. wonder if PCA have had an article on this?.. hardly had time to read them recently... ticking but please add experiences as and when.

Djohn 13:39 07 Sep 03

I have the Nvidia card and can do the same with analogue, [I think we are talking about the same thing]. Regards. j.

lamachan 16:22 07 Sep 03

A friend of mine recently bought a system with a 15" TFT. This runs at 1024 x 768 and the icons are tiny, so much so that he uses a magnifying glass to see them. I found it very difficult to see them myself and feel that if you are going down the TFT route the larger the better, 18" or even 19".

ams4127 19:35 07 Sep 03

Tell your friend to alter the icon size. You can set them to any size you want.

The Sack 20:06 07 Sep 03

click here all the info you could ever need

Djohn 20:42 07 Sep 03

If he finds them small on a 15" TFT, then he will never find them at all on a 17" or 19", they're even smaller!

Qmar 20:49 07 Sep 03

thanks The Sack

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…