Digital photo album

sdf 18:06 15 Oct 03

Hello all,
I?m after a bit of advice. I am after recommendations on photo album software. I?ve been told Adobe?s PhotoShop Album v1 is the way to go, but I?m trying to be cheap! The story is I?ve taken it upon myself to scan my whole family?s photo collections for them so the originals can be achieved. I am currently using normal windows explorer to view the photos and although each set is within its own subfolder within my pictures the number of pictures seems to be too much for windows to cope with and regularly crashes when the pictures folder is being browsed. Also the windows interface doesn?t seem as streamlined as a program specifically designed for the purpose would be? So basically I?m after an easy to use stable digital photo album application for viewing and organising pictures, any modification (bah renaming and moving between directories) would be done at the scanning phase so manipulation facilities are not a priority. I am using Win 2000 though my laptop runs XP pro. Network access would also be handy! And recommendations would be gratefully received. Many thanks in advance to all

minter 18:39 15 Oct 03

Adobe have just brought out Photoshop Album v2.0.

There is a Starter Edition you can download from click here

It is a cut-down version, but like Photoshop LE has all the bits and bobs there you just can't use them unless you upgrade.

Of course you can upgrade if you find it to your liking, and if not nothing lost.

minter 18:40 15 Oct 03

P.S. The Starter Edition is FREE!!!!

sdf 20:46 15 Oct 03

sweet - cheers minter - sorted

ericmax 21:43 15 Oct 03

take a look under the freeware section here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…