Digital Car tyre pump

rawprawn 13:43 01 Dec 08

I need to buy a pump for my car tyres that I can plug into the cigar lighter and automatically pump them to a preset pressure.
I am thinking of this one click here
Anyone with any experience or advice.

oldbeefer2 13:53 01 Dec 08

I have something similar which I bought from Halfords (this model on sale at ebay click here). They're OK, but noisy and very slow to inflate a tyre. Not too bad for just a slight top-up, but you still need to be patient. Mine has a preset, so you can leave it to it's own devices and it will switch off when pressure is reached.

rawprawn 14:57 01 Dec 08

Thanks oldbeefer2,I am looking fopr that kind of information.

Woolwell 14:58 01 Dec 08

Gizoo seems to have it for a tiny bit cheaper click here but I haven't considered delivery for either sites.
I too am considering getting one of these.

rawprawn 15:15 01 Dec 08

Thanks Woolwell, but if you look at the customer reviews on my link they are both very good, which is what is attracting me.

john bunyan 15:15 01 Dec 08

Rawprawn. Like oldbeefer 2 I have one from Halfords - advantage is if it goes wrong you can get a replacement if in warranty easily. I found it very handy when I had a slow puncture and was able to top up so I could get to the tyre repairers without (me) having to change an awkward 4x4 tyre. Had a smaller one but do go for at least the Halford standard as it is slow on a big tyre. Also get the adapter supplied as extra for slim bike tyre valves (if you need one!).

rawprawn 15:16 01 Dec 08

but if --- should read and if

rawprawn 15:24 01 Dec 08

Thanks john bunyan, my problem is that my car is fitted with BMW Run Flat tyres. I have only had one punture and they are very good (But very expenive, as you have to buy a new one if you have a puncture because of H & S Rules)
The problem is that if you have a slow puncture, or gradual loss of pressure you can't tell by looking or the way it drives, so I am having to check the tyre pressure more often than I would with ordinary tyres.

oldbeefer2 15:42 01 Dec 08

My Mini 'S' is fitted with runflats and a low pressure indicator (works through the ABS sensors). Came on even with a slow puncture - your motor not fitted with similar?

rawprawn 15:46 01 Dec 08

No it's a BMW 320 SE D, there is no low pressure indicator except if you have a loss (I think total loss) of pressure the computer indicator lights up. I must check and see if that is correct. As I said it has only happened once.

rawprawn 15:53 01 Dec 08

I am wrong, I have just rung the dealer and they tell me that the warning light will come on if pressure is lost (Not a puncture) to check the tyres and reset the indicator. If it comes back on it's apuncture.
Well, well, we live and learn I have only had the car 2 years you would think I would know better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…