Digital camera for young children

tanzanitre 22:49 23 Nov 04

Does anyone own or know of a camera they can recommend that would be easy to use for a child?
My boys are 6 and 9 and I figuired that digital would probably be better due to no film costs etc.

Thanks.

Cook2 22:53 23 Nov 04

click here for some under £100.

tanzanitre 23:16 23 Nov 04

Thanks for link but id prefer to buy something that someone can vouch for.I find it tricky to purchase lower cost cameras just incase picture quality is not good.

Cook2 00:00 24 Nov 04

This click here is the place for you to look at then.

wallbash 01:03 24 Nov 04

I have 'lent' the digital camera , to my two kids for a few years now. I have a sony dsc f55e. When I bought it cost me over £600 ! Now any digital camera will be be better than my Sony. The fast rate of technology !!! So take my advice, buy them the cheapest digi camera's you can find. Impress on them to look after them , and if they look after them for a 3/4 ? years then spend some real money . There pics on xmas day will still blow your socks off.

ps , I had one rule , no running when they carried the camera

tanzanitre 01:21 24 Nov 04

Thanks.. Yes I see what you mean they are still young so as im buying two im not gonna go mad on what I spend.As you say see if they look after it first then maybe go for something better.

As for the rule did I say the youngest one hyper,He dosnt do walking lol.

wallbash 01:25 24 Nov 04

You will save money on 'film' but a warning !!
going to cost in ink and photo paper, when the little darlings want every masterpiece A4 printed .

tanzanitre 01:33 24 Nov 04

Printing!and there was me thinking a file on my pc would do them.

g0slp 15:36 24 Nov 04

"Printing!and there was me thinking a file on my pc would do them."

Dream on! ;-)

Thank goodness I don't have a Lexmark printer....

tanzanitre 15:41 24 Nov 04

And guess what printer I have.

Sir Radfordin 17:05 24 Nov 04

Olympus do some with waterproof cases which may be a good starting point. The problem with cheap digi cams always seems to be a very low power flash so you never get good photos inside.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…