Digital camera specifications

telkell 18:01 22 Feb 04

I have to buy a new camera as mine was stolen abroad, but I am not clear what all the details mean in the specifications. Can anyone enlighten me about the phrases 'Serial out' and 'Video out' ?
I would like a camera which can show still pics on the TV screen, but what do I look for in the specs?

Patr100 19:15 22 Feb 04

"Video out" or "TV out" for viweing on TV.

Patr100 19:17 22 Feb 04

viewing even.

anchor 09:30 24 Feb 04

Are you looking for a digital camera, or a digital camcorder?.

telkell 17:52 24 Feb 04

A good still camera with short video capability

deadneat 21:26 24 Feb 04

I have a Cannon Powershot A-70. Does v nice movies with sound. 3x optical 3.2 Mp
Look at web site. About £200 now. Also software to burn vcd to play on telly.

HXP 22:41 24 Feb 04

I have had a Cannon G2 - very good camera and as it's and older model now good value if you can get hold of one.

Suggest you look at

click here

As they test lots of camera's and i only have experience of 2 !!

Still happy with my Cannon though.

HXP

woody147 23:45 24 Feb 04

I have a Cannnon aswell, the IXUS 400 model, very impressive.

Stuartli 08:50 25 Feb 04

Jessops has just launched the metal bodied 5MP Centon DC5 with all the features that you could want at £199.99:

click here

anchor 09:23 25 Feb 04

telkel: How much are you considering spending?.

telkell 11:05 25 Feb 04

Thanks for the help. I have been into photography for a good few years with Nikon gear. I started on digital only about 3 years ago with a Fuji 2300 compact and sincethen most of my stuff was digital, mainly because it was so easy to carry about in a pocket and could be ready instantly. It was great for travelling about with. I lost last week in Oman. Luckily it was almost the last day of a month's visit and I had put in a 16mB card which only had about a dozen pics on it. I had previously filled a 64mB and a 128mB w3ith about 400 pics so I was glad they were not lost.
I just wanted to make sure I would be able to put my future pics on TV. I have now gone for a Fuji S602, withwhich I can at least still use all my Smartcards and cardreader, and the 6x Zoom looks good value at under £300 from ICD. Thanks again to you all. This is a great place to come wih a query!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…