Digital Camera Services

alan2273 18:56 15 Apr 07

Known as DCS.
Has anyone dealt with this company, as I ordered a XD card reader a month ago, they took the money out of my account the following day.
Two days later they sent me an E-Mail saying it was out of stock but I would have it in 5 - 7 working days.
After a fortnight I rang them to be told the stock they received was the wrong one so they had to wait for another delievery, but not to worry I would have it by Easter.
After Easter came and went I E-Mailed them again and was told the stock had still not arrived, would I like to cancel my order.
So I said I have waited 3 weeks since you took the money out of my account so I will give you another week to get it to me, failing that cancel the order and refund my money.
There are two days left of that extra week I gave them, but I do not hold out much hope.

I just hope they will be as quick refunding my money as they were taking it out of my acount.

Totally-braindead 19:07 15 Apr 07

Haven't haeard of them myself. They might return the money fairly quickly but they do by law have up to 28 days to refund you. Most companies I have dealt with are quite a bit faster than that typically 5-10 days but you'll just have to wait and see.
Sorry.

Forum Editor 20:23 15 Apr 07

so you shouldn't necessarily be concerned about that aspect of things.

What isn't so good is the fact that these people charged your card when they knew they were out of stock, rather than waiting until the goods arrived.

I'm sure all will be well, but take note of what Totally-braindead has told you about the possibility of having to wait up to 28 days for the refund.

alan2273 21:55 15 Apr 07

Thank you both for your answers, I had forgotten about there being 28 days for them to refund the money.

anchor 19:58 16 Apr 07

If only companies took the money from the account when the goods were actually dispatched.

To have to wait 28 days for a refund for goods charged for, and not in stock, let alone sent, is surely grossly unfair.

If this happens often the company has useful extra working capital.

alan2273 11:50 18 Apr 07

I have phoned them several times and got an answering machine which I have left messages on, but no reply, the same goes for the e-mails I have sent them.
Is it possible to threaten them with the small claims court as the amount is £16.00, or just put it down to experience?.

HondaMan 12:40 18 Apr 07

put it down to experience.

You may find this link useful:
click here

alan2273 11:33 19 Apr 07

A happy ending, after no end of phone calls (its cost me more in phone calls than the product is worth ) and e-mails, they finally answered the phone and I was able to cancel the order and get a refund.
Now I can start all over again, any one recommend a reputable firm that sells XD card readers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5