novis 15:13 15 Dec 05

I've been researching digital cameras for the past year in camera mags - but none seem to be able to agree on any one camera - what is the non-pro consumer to do?

I'm looking for something is the £200-500 range with some manual adjustment but it's the ease of use and the picture quality that will persuade me.

Any suggestions.

What are the best online camera comparison websites that might help?

britto 15:43 15 Dec 05
  961 16:00 15 Dec 05

Best reviews at click here

Canon usually get reviews among the best

Consider Canon A620

anchor 16:27 15 Dec 05

I read the review of the Canon A620 yesterday and was most impressed.

click here

For the price, (about £218), you could not do better.

If you feel more ambitious then I would highly recommend the Nikon D50. Review:

click here

About £460.

realist 17:38 15 Dec 05

These are comprehensive reviews albeit from over the pond click here
I had the bright idea to buy a refurbished Exilim s100 direct from Casio UK. It failed at setup and I'm still waiting to get it back from Casio and their "customer services" don't answer my emails or letters.

Sibbo 18:55 15 Dec 05

What about the Canon Ixus 750? Point and click ease of use, come manual adjustment and great pictures by all accounts. I've currently got the Ixus 400 but I'm thinking of upgrading to the above. Costs about £300.

Rogerfredo 11:55 16 Dec 05

I have just bought my son a Fuji camera from Argos, reduced from its original price of around £200 (5.2 Mpixel, 3x zoom)to £89.99.
It gets a good review on Megapixel site too.
I suggest you also look for "last year's models" as they are often a good buy.

spuds 13:54 16 Dec 05

When you have found the camera that meets your requirements, do a price check with the following websites. click here click here click here

GaT7 17:59 16 Dec 05

Could you please provide an Argos link or catalogue number/camera model? Ta, G

HXP 20:02 16 Dec 05

Canon 350D terrific digital SLR

£100 cash back from Canon if you buy before Dec 31st ( I have the cheque from Canon in my hand ) you have to buy using Mastercard but apart from that brilliant deal.

£570 for camera ( Jessops ) - £100 brings it into your budget.

The promotion period is 1 October 2005 to 31 December 2005. The camera must have been bought in this period to be eligible for the Cash Back. Last postmark date accepted will be 31 January 2006. And no entries arriving on or after 15 February 2006 will be accepted.
Terms and Conditions

1. At your choice, Canon will send you a Cash Back by cheque or wire (not possible in Spain where only cheque is possible). Following the receipt of:

a) The original entry form correctly filled out (available at click here);

b) A photocopy of the proof-of-purchase or copy of cash register receipt which clearly states that payment was made by a MasterCard card;

c) Original barcode of the product box, and

Send in all the details listed from a to c to the following address-
Canon Promotion Centre,
PO Box TP 34 Dept. # 53516,

Rogerfredo 11:10 19 Dec 05

The camera I purchased was a Fuji Finepix E510.
However, this was advertised in a weekend paper and I do not know whether any are still available.
There are lots of "superceded" model bargains about though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…