Digital camera for around £100

hooligan 18:28 21 Jul 04

Any good ones ? for nothing fancy, but no more then £100.
Cheers

Salinger 18:39 21 Jul 04

All kinds available, depends on what you're looking for.

pj123 19:12 21 Jul 04

hooligan, click here and view them all and take your pick.

Totally-braindead 19:17 21 Jul 04

I bought one from amazon.co.uk for £99.99 its the one in PC Advisors Top 10 beginner digital cameras at number 3 selling at £230 inc Vat. Amazon are selling it at £99.99 and its an excellent camera its the Pentax Optio 33LF. The other one I'd look at is the new Kodak one can't remember the number but its the same price as the Pentax with the same specification 3.3mp with a 3x optical zoom but it has a metal case. Both worth considering. Remember to budget for rechargable batteries and media cards. recommend click here for that. If you look at 7 day shops cameras be wary as they may be subject to tax and what appears to be a real bargain may not turn out that way. Thats the main reason I got mine from amazon.

yaesu 20:13 21 Jul 04

Hi, go here click here it's where I got a good deal on a complete package. (fuji a204+extra64 card+ 4 batteries+ charger + case for less than local supplier wanted for camera only.) Or try your local branch of the worlds largest retailer if it's got a photo centre.
Good luck, Yaesu

yaesu 20:13 21 Jul 04

Hi, go here click here it's where I got a good deal on a complete package. (fuji a204+extra64 card+ 4 batteries+ charger + case for less than local supplier wanted for camera only.) Or try your local branch of the worlds largest retailer if it's got a photo centre.
Good luck, Yaesu

7dayshop are still offering the Nikon Coolpix 3100 for £109.00 (free delivery).

It's a very good camera.

They also have the Nikon Coolpix 2200 at only £75.00.

click here

Totally-braindead 22:31 21 Jul 04

CoB, problem with buying something that expensive from 7dayshop is its subject to tax, if you look on 7days FAQ page they mention they are not liable for any taxes you are, so your £75 camera can cost a lot more.

I bought the Coolpix 3100 for £109.00 - no tax.

Big Elf 23:16 21 Jul 04

Luck of the draw. Factor in VAT at 17.5% and shipping agents charge of around £25 if Customs detect it.

Totally-braindead 09:18 22 Jul 04

Thanks Big Elf that was the point I was trying to make, if it gets through you're ok if not it adds a good whack on the price of the camera. I bought a camera from the USA a couple of years ago and got charged £60 in tax.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009