Digital camera for £200

ARM1976 16:35 19 Apr 03

Hello everyone,

This is the first time I have posted anything here and hopefully one of you can give me some good advice.

Just a quick question :-

What is the best digital camera for no more than £200?

Thank you in advance

crx16 17:00 19 Apr 03

have you looked at the PCA reviews click here

britianicus 17:26 19 Apr 03

Try click here here you wil find a "virtual assistant." You can specify your spend and the prices from these guys are pretty good.

pj123 17:29 19 Apr 03

Try the Nikon 2500, I bought one on offer from Currys. All gone now. but I told a friend who said they got the same camera from PC World at the same price as Currys. Reduced from £300 to £150. A really good camera.

britianicus 18:20 19 Apr 03

Jessops will also "price atch" anything that you can find on the web. I managed to get a Fuji S304 for £289 using this as opposed to the £298 that I found on the web. As ever shop around. You might also want to peruse a magazine called I think "Digital Camera Buyer."

britianicus 18:21 19 Apr 03

I meant "match" not "atch"

ARM1976 19:22 19 Apr 03

Thanks for the postings so far.

I don't know a lot about digital cameras.

Could anyone advise me on the main things to look for when choosing a camera?

Thanks

:-)

chrishillcoat 20:28 19 Apr 03

Try the Kodak DX4330 from Amazon.co.uk

Chris

Mango Grummit 20:29 19 Apr 03

Ages ago now there was a thread asking this question -- if it wasn't the first time, then it was the first one I contributed to. The result was 27 different recommendations. .. including mine. My conclusion then was they must all be pretty much of a muchness within any given price range.

Very subjective -- these which is the best questions!! Also the answers (lol).

It's suck it and see I'm afraid. Which is the best questions never provide a which is the best answer .. unless of course someone who knows what they are talking about has in fact tried them all.

I think this is good advice however. Don't spend loadsa money just to go beyond 2 Megapixels as unless you want to produce very large printouts there will be no noticeable difference.

I'll still tell you what I have (and love) is an Olypus C-220ZOOM. If you have a good look around you can get it now for under £200 in lots of places.

Regards.

ARM1976 20:39 19 Apr 03

Everyone's help has been much appreciated.

Thanks

monkeyshine 21:37 19 Apr 03

If you can find a Minolta reconditioned S304 they sell for about £199, 3.2M pixels 4x optical zoom original price £350 - £399 excellent buy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now