digital camera

joe95 16:28 05 Oct 03

Hi, can a good digital camera with screen be bought for £200 ?
thanks in anticipation
joe

anchor 17:03 05 Oct 03

Indeed it can joe95.

You might like to look at the Olympus Media C-350 zoom.

The magazine reviews on this are excellent: -quote" The image quality is excellent and colours are reproduced accurately and vividly even when using the flash. Skin tones are captured particularly well. Exposure is generally spot on, as is the automatic white balance."

details here: click here

Now the good part, your local Jessops store will match a UK web price, (if its in stock), and its priced at £159.98 here. Go in to Jessops and have a look at it.

click here

Stuartli 15:27 06 Oct 03

There are other examples from Nikon, Minolta etc as well around this price point or less.

Best thing to do, if you have a local Jessops or similar outlet, is to go and try all the cameras you are considering for feel, control layout, ease of use and pix quality - and then decide.

You can't choose a camera purely on recommendation, a picture of a camera model or a review, helpful though they are. It's the sum of all the parts that counts.

But do stick to the big brand names in cameras and optics as they have a reputation to maintain as film gradually gives way almost exclusively to digital photography.

Many of the lesser known - and cheaper - digital cameras might seem attractive pricewise, but most are rebadged Far Eastern products offered by companies without a traditional history of manufacturing photographic products.

wags 17:53 06 Oct 03

I agree with the above advice from anchor and stuartli. Anchor's tip re the Olmpus c350 is a good one. Infact, I have just bought the same model from Jessops for my wife,for £152 after showing them a print out from an online competitor, which they matched. Jessops' advertised price at the time of purchase was £199.99. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…