Digital aerial

mymate 09:02 27 May 09

Bought a digital aerial at Maplin ,this one click here Didnt want that one wanted this one click here But after we had bought the one we wanted a shop assistant said we might as well have the first one i listed.
Got it installed husband put it up> Its useless ! we spent all afternoon turning it to find a good signal.Him on the roof me watching the tv to see when its a better picture. Watching digital tv it hardly picks up any channels and the ones it does are breaking up . Any idea what to do now ? Thanks very much

mymate 09:11 27 May 09

And we have a booster installed as well. If i unplug that we get no signal at all.

Kevscar1 09:32 27 May 09

Go here and see if you can actualy recieve.

click here

Stuartli 09:49 27 May 09

I think your problem may be that this aerial uses F sockets rather than coaxial cable.

See the Q and A section in the link you have provided for the aerial.

mymate 09:53 27 May 09

Thanks Kevscar it says i can receive it but with the old aerial i cant so i thought putting up a digital aerial and using a diggi box i would pick up digital. I tune in the diggi box and it picks up 135 channels but all un watchable !
I have a hard disc recorder with digital installed in the bedroom and i could pick up lots of channels on that with the old aerial ,now hardly any .The old aerial is over 30 years old.
Stuck what to do now. Husband wants to put the old aerial back up .

mymate 09:58 27 May 09

Sorry Stuartli can you copy and past that bit your on about as i cant see it. Thanks

mymate 10:00 27 May 09

Ok found it F-socket for aerial cable . I dont know what that means ! does that mean we have to have a different aerial cable ?

mymate 10:07 27 May 09

ok we got the F-socket for aerial cable . I just called Maplin and we are talking to sales guy

mymate 10:16 27 May 09

Still none the wiser after talking to the guy as its been put together right. When the sun comes out we try again to get a decent signal.

Stuartli 10:45 27 May 09

Seems as if you might need one of these type of adaptors (at the TV end?):

click here

BRYNIT 11:29 27 May 09

Did you replace the cable? If old cable possible faulty after changing aerial.

If new cable or even old cable check that both ends are correct. If one stand of outer braided wire is touching the inner wire it can cause signal loss.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos