Difference between two cards

Bailey08787 14:54 12 Aug 09

Hi

I plan to purchase one of the following two cards:

click here-(x16)-900MHz-GDDR5-GPU-750MHz-DL-DVI-I-HDMI-D-Sub-HDCP

click here

The first one is the standard edition, the second the toxic edition.

Both feature Vapor-X technology, which is the main reason I intend to buy one of these, as quiet operation is a priority for me.

My query is, does the toxic have any real advantages over the standard card? And will the toxic be louder than the standard card?

thanks

Bailey08787 15:05 12 Aug 09

first link should have been this one:

click here-(x16)-900MHz-GDDR5-GPU-750MHz-DL-DVI-I-HDMI-D-Sub-HDCP

GaT7 16:27 12 Aug 09

The Toxic version will be the better performer out of the two on account of its superior out of the box clock figures: 950/750 vs 1000/780.

If there isn't a large difference between the two in terms of price, choose the Toxic version as it also comes with a Vapor-X cooler - see click here. G

P.S. For troublesome links use click here the second time aroung. E.g. your broken link via tinyurl click here

GaT7 16:34 12 Aug 09

Free delivery for Scan via click here (easier) or click here. G

Bailey08787 12:15 13 Aug 09

you truly are a font of all knowledge

Are the differences in clock figures particular significant?

Plus will the higher clock figures necessitate a harder-working fan / louder fan in operation?

Or do you think the Vapor-X will run at the same speeds / provide the same levels of cooling / noise levels on both cards?

GaT7 12:25 13 Aug 09

Well, to answer all your questions in a nutshell, I'd go for the Toxic (if it wasn't significantly more expensive), as the difference in noise/cooling is going to be negligible. G

Bailey08787 12:34 13 Aug 09

good stuff, cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now