Dial up ISP

shizzy 21:30 15 Jan 04

We are not in a broadband area and would like your opinions on a reliable and reasonably priced ISP please.

Dragon Heart 12:29 16 Jan 04

Try surfonwater.com

Sheila-214876 13:46 16 Jan 04

Depends on what you mean by "reasonably priced" Most ISPs offer a "pay as you go" tariff which means you get a "local call" number like 0845 but it depends on what your telephone provider classes as local calls and the time of day when you use it. The best way to check this is to use a "pay as you go" ISP for about 3 months and check your telephone bill. If it is around £15 or more you would be better off paying a monthly fee for unlimited access. AOL offer that for £15.99 a month and they don't cut you off after 2 hours.

Stuartli 14:41 16 Jan 04

Anytime unmetered (168 hours a month maximum) at £8.99:

click here

JerryJay 14:43 16 Jan 04

Try prepaid method in here click here. 0.5p a minute. I used it before broadboard. Not bad. For anytime monthly, try giointernet £7.99: click here. I have used it personally, but I was told it is good. For my personally experience, I do not like aol & freeserve.

marble 14:59 16 Jan 04

I still like Virgin - either 24/7 £13.49 per month or they do have a pay as you go method.

Stuartli 17:49 16 Jan 04

The Anytime giointernet offer is only for 50 hours a month - also the forums I've checked recently have been heavily critical of this company.

shizzy 21:25 16 Jan 04

Thanks all for your suggestions. I thought we would be changing our ISP but are staying with them after all. It is Etelecom by the way 24/7 and their price is good. It was that sometimes Winter evenings are busy but having looked at other reviews now they compare very well.
I thought I would ask on here because as others have said you get the for and against opinions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…