DFS Help

Chaz10 22:02 12 Sep 08

Hope someone can help here:

On Saturday 30/08/08 went in my local DFS at 17:00 and ordered 2, 2 seater sofas, took them up on there 3 year intrest free deal,(quoted 11 weeks delivery) later in the week changed my mind and thought I'll have a 3 seater instead of a 2 seater so 1, 2 seater and 1, 3 seater so called in 6 days later to change my order,no probs said the sales guy I'll give you a ring later to sort it which he did,I paid £85 extra to get a 3 seater. Now he rings me on the 10/09/08 to say that this is not poss as the original order was proccessed 2 days after I first went in and theres nothing I can do about it.

Now I think because i paid him the extra £85 this is a contract that he must stick to

Am I right?

spuds 23:10 12 Sep 08

Because you placed the order in the store, you might not have the right to a cancellation, especially if the item is on special order. I would suggest that you check the contract that you may have signed, and was or should have been given to you at the time of ordering. Failing that click here

Chaz10 23:15 12 Sep 08

I don't want to cancel just change my order!

spuds 11:05 13 Sep 08

Take it up with the manager of the store. In my opinion you have paid £85 extra, and as such the company representative as accepted a change of contract, but the representative might not be authorised to alter contracts.Your original contract, the store manager or head office would verify the terms and conditions of acceptance.

Regarding the interest free finance deal, this would be arranged through a third party company, and as such, the loan might only be on the original purchase and specifications.How and where did you pay the extra £85.00,was any paperwork completed, and who agreed on this extra payment.That information might provide a better answer!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced