//some 3rd party need geo

For devotees of HyperOs?

Diemmess 17:53 22 Sep 04

Browsing this forum can damage your pocket if you let things run away with your enthusiasm!

Following a long archival series about minimal stripped down W98 Lite and so on, and some splendid contributions from "Flecc", I picked up on the idea of HyperOs.

Have spent a lot of money both originally and in the upgrade to run almost anything within it.

Result, a reliable system which can backtrack when things go sour or unstable.

Brownie points for doing (most) of what it says in the extensive blurb.

Black marks for. (and this view is personal).......

(1) The manual was possibly the least helpful manual I have ever seen. No index, lots of pictures, easy to read when you no longer need it and I had to seek help just to get the show on the road.......... Upgrade was to allow 2K and XP as and when, this time the manual was no better in fact was not even coloured any more.

(2) The national rate Tech/telephone is discontinued and I have yet to have any answer to two emails asking about DOS command lines.
The excuse is "we are so busy coping with a flood of requests for the latest upgrade".

What is this? Is it a too small firm, without sufficient staff to follow up help requests?

I would like to hear others' experiences.

Diemmess 07:18 23 Sep 04

Or am I the only one!

leo49 09:47 23 Sep 04

I used to multiboot umpteen different flavours of Speedos[like you inspired by flecc] and have got a copy of HyperOS on a disc somewhere but since I switched to XP with loads of ram which runs like clockwork,I'd rather use the PC to run software rather than experiment with the OS's.- I've found it's certainly a lot more productive and profitable.

Diemmess 10:01 23 Sep 04

Valid point leo49, if a little harsh. ~~~~~~~"I'd rather use the PC to run software rather than experiment with the OS's"~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can sense my side-tracking!

I'm still reluctant to make the jump even though I really must in time.

Meanwhile the reason for this thread is for opinions on customer support from HyperOs ......... Do others find it as vague and now totally absent as I do?

leo49 10:41 23 Sep 04

Sorry Diemmess - didn't mean to sound censorous[spelling?] towards you - rather it was directed at myself.I used to spend all my time tinkering with OS's to make them faster rather than using any speed increases to facilitate software and never got anything done.Now I just use the thing and I'm probably enjoying it more.

Diemmess 10:48 23 Sep 04

Its OK leo49, that's how I read it.

Personally, I get a kick out of a problem solved, but that does wear a bit thin when I really should be using the thing NOW, rather than preening myslf with the thought that this tweak is an end in itself!

Still no others with experience of HyperOS?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…