Desperate Laptop Help!!!

Leeleemu 19:14 31 Jul 05

I am going to University in September to study Creative Visualisation, Animation and Special Effects but I have to buy a laptop to take to University. I have no experience or knowledge on the subject of laptops.

At University I will be using programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Maya, Bryce, Discreets 3DS Max and Softimages 3D XSI.

I am also a huge gaming fan, could you please help me with a specification for a laptop for my course.

Many Thanks, Lee

Forum Editor 19:23 31 Jul 05

because you're going to need a powerful beast of a laptop to run those applications successfully.

Go to click here and work your way through to a Voyager A610 A34. Then click on the 'configure' button and change the Operating system to Windows Professional, the installed RAM to 1Gb and the hard drive to 100Gb. Add a carrying case, but don't add anything else, and you should be looking at a price of around £1200.

It's still light outside, I should start cleaning that car and then you could mow the lawn.

Joe R 19:26 31 Jul 05

For the price, you may find this hard to beat. click here

Slithe 20:36 31 Jul 05

Toshiba run a student scheme that give laptops at discounted prices to students starting university for the first time.

I can remember this from my VI Form Days, (having taken a gap year this year, I didn't bother applying)unfortuantely I haven't got the details to hand.

Someone in this forum may be able to help you - but it is definately worth a look.

genuinefake 21:11 31 Jul 05

...or you could go for an apple powerbook?

Forum Editor 22:39 31 Jul 05

is that it has a 17" screen, which you'll find invaluable for the type of work you'll be doing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…