Desktop Option

tintin124 17:13 04 Aug 09

Hi, I have bought a pc from desktop option (stupidly before reading articles in here) and has been delievered today. It has arrived with parts under spec... e.g bought 9600GT 1Gb but what was installed was 9600GT 512Mb and the motherboard was spec as MSi PD453 platinum and what arrived was a ASUS P5P43TD PRO.

Up to now i have had responses (sometimes a little short) have been responibly quick. Will try email and calling again tomorrow as what i have ordered has not been delievered.

Anyone got any ideas on how i can get the right parts or difference in price (as the computer works and dont want to send stuff back)??

wiz-king 18:19 04 Aug 09

Cut your losses - send it back.
Send a recorded delivery letter (before 10am delivery)saying it is not what you ordered, send same info in a email.

spuds 18:47 04 Aug 09

You have two choices. Get into a dialogue with the company, and see what they offer, or send the item back for a full refund.

Consumer Direct click here

Forum Editor 20:00 04 Aug 09

to the specification that you ordered, and the supplier did not ask for your consent to the configuration changes before delivery, it is 'not fit for purpose' under the terms of current consumer legislation, and you are entitled to reject it and demand a full refund.

If, on the other hand, you wish to keep the machine and negotiate a financial adjustment, or ask the supplier to rebuild the computer you must make contact via email as soon as possible, and certainly within 7 days, starting today. Whatever you decide to do, make sure that all contact with the company is via email or, if you have any telephone conversations, is confirmed by email - don't rely on verbal agreements or undertakings.

tintin124 09:23 05 Aug 09

I have asked for a refund of the difference and have recieved an email today to state that it has gone to account department will have to see if i see any money back into my account.

Will keep an eye on it!

tintin124 08:34 10 Aug 09

I have had an email on the 5th Aug saying that i'm due a refund of £59.15 however yet to see it back on my credit card. Suspect that if i hadn't checked that i wouldn't be recieving this refund.

If i dont see anything back on the card can i speak to the credit card company and forward the email recieved and get the money back that way???

lofty29 10:06 10 Aug 09

I do not think the credit card co will want to get involved under that situation, but do not forget it can take up to 14 days for a refund to appear on your account.

Kevscar1 10:16 10 Aug 09

Check the specs and make sure that the difference is the amount they are offering you. Inform them that if the amount is not in your bank by specified date you will require full refund and collection of computer.

dagnammit 10:27 10 Aug 09

You have to give Desktop Option time to get the refund sorted.

It takes 3 to 5 working days (from experience, not with Options though) for a refund to appear on a card once the seller initiates it.

ened 15:09 10 Aug 09

Yes and I do believe they actually have up to 28 days in which to do this.

This seems to be another case where this company have a chance to show they are not so bad after all.

I have had two refunds recently, one from Argos and one from another big name and both showed on my card account within two/three days.

So it can be done!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5