Desktop Option

kofisamurai 11:59 15 Jul 09

Desktop Option

It seems there a lot of unhappy people where desktop option are concerned, myself being one of them. I returned a Asus m2n32 sli deluxe mobo to them on 28th of April this year after it failed to post any more, to the point of not being able to get into the bios.After a lengthy telephone conversation with one of there tech team talking me through everything i had already tried i.e resetting cmos & trying a new battery. I heard nothing back from them for a few weeks, so i rang them to be told, they also could not resolve the problem & had sent it back to asus. a couple of weeks later still no news so emailed them, to get a reply that it had been sent back to me on the 23rd of june. 10 days past no mobo, so rang them & this is where i became another victim to there superb customer care service of being sworn at & told to have a nice day & F*** Off. I rang back & spoke to a guy called Matt, who said he would contact me back the same day, once he had reported the person & traced what had happened to my mobo. Hence no phone call back, i have e-mailed them since to see what is going on ( not going to phone again can do without the foul language on the other end) all i got back was waiting for royal mail to ge back to us. Today i posted a letter giving them 14days to rectify the situation( i think 14 days more than adequate as i have been waiting 11 weeks already lol). it is a shame really as they do supply good products at competitive prices, just a pity there aftercare and customer service let them down. I will keep you posted on my progress. There my first post & what a rant.

Marko797 12:34 15 Jul 09

if what u say is true, then this is disgraceful, and really confirms what others have said regarding PC/Desktop Option, who are really the same thing. Why ppl persist in using this company is still quite beyond me.

Just goes to show that cost should not become the major factor when choosing a supplier, and that it's important to do some research.

Caveat Emptor (Buyer beware) etc.

kofisamurai 13:02 15 Jul 09

Not long after posting this i received a phone call from PC/Desktop option saying that they are still awaiting a phone call from royal mail to explain where the mobo has gone. When asked how much longer this was going to take, the reply was "dont know". They then went on to claim that they cant find my original order on the database, so when i quizzed them about pc option and that they use the same web page layout the reply was we are not in anyway pc option & that they bought the company 10mths ago, which i find hard to swallow as when i first phoned them about the fault no mention was made of them acquiring pc option 2 months after i bought the motherboard. At the end of the day all i want is my mobo back working. I cant agree more, people out there whether enthusiasts building from scratch wishing to buy a full systemdo your homework and go elsewhere, it just isnt worth the hassle.

Matt_Desktop 12:26 30 Jul 09

15/07 you were contacted by our company by email. That's the one that had the tracking numbers on. This 14 day letter you sent was responded to by email.

You missed Royal Mails delivery and its gone to Belfast.

You can speak to us directly -

Matt.

Forum Editor 18:50 30 Jul 09

on the same subject.

Let's stick to your other thread click here and close this one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017