Desktop help

JAK68 11:16 26 Jun 06

I am looking for some help in buying a desktop which is suitable for playing recent games with enough memory because of alot of work from college my budget is around £500 can anyone help. I can just buy the desktop on it's own without the monitor and any other extra's.

spuds 11:36 26 Jun 06

This similar question seems to arise on a weekly basis. For college work, most basic computers readily available from places like PC World will do the job ideally.They come complete with monitor,pre-installed software and virtually ready to work out of the box, and at a fair price. When the mention of 'latest games' comes into the equation, then graphics cards have to be considered, as a perhaps extra added expense. Graphic cards can range in all shapes and sizes with price tags to match.And your answer here, would be from one of the forum's gamers, who as the latest knowledge of gaming requirements.

JAK68 12:07 26 Jun 06

If any gamers see this question, what is the minimum requirements now for the more recent games

Crash 12:20 26 Jun 06

Depends on what kind of games you play. Games like oblivion will require at least-
2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent
RAM: 512 MB
Video Memory: 128 MB
Hard Drive Space: 4600 MB
Other: Keyboard, Mouse

Recommended System Requirements
System: 3.0 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent
RAM: 1024 MB
Other: ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…