Desktop in April

harmeetb 12:00 12 Mar 06

Hello everyone,

I have read the magazine for a while now, but this is my first post in the forum.
I am going to buy a new desktop in mid April for about £1500-£1600. I have looked around and decided on probably custom building a Vantage click here) similar to the Black Thunder (click here.

As I will not be buying for about a month does anybody have any other suggestions (company) besides building one myself or know about any price drops in the next month.

Also I have a question about SLI, is it possible to have two different cards in this configuration or do they have to be the same. If it is possible to have two different cards should I go for one powerful card and one slightly weaker card (one Geforce 7800GTX 256 and one GeForce 6600/800 256) or combine the money and just getting one GeForce 7800GTX 512.

Thanks in advance.

anskyber 12:40 12 Mar 06

Try this range and configure to your tase/budget. click here

anskyber 12:41 12 Mar 06

tase = taste!

rmcqua 15:16 12 Mar 06

harmeetb
The 2 SLI cards must be the same.

Harpur 17:19 12 Mar 06

also of the same chipset ie. nvidia or ati. the first uses "sli" the latter uses "crossfire"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…