Demon speed

zincy 23:36 13 May 06

Hi there

My dad ordered the Home 2000 on Demon internet. But on his system it says connect at 1.1 mBps. I have the same isp but mine says connected at 2.2mbps. We have tested the line and he is only getting a 1 meg service? I been on BT speed test and it says he can get upto 4.5meg and he also had a 2meg line before.. I was wondering does this usually happen for a few days for a new isp?

Many thanks
zincy

Totally-braindead 13:14 14 May 06

If you are using what comes up when you move the mouse over the two small monitors in the bottom right of your screen then ignore that, it has nothing to do with the speed and service you are getting. The only way to know what you are getting is by doing a speed test.

zincy 18:51 14 May 06

oh and where do i go for a speed test?

and thank you for the response

SG Atlantis® 18:58 14 May 06

click here

do a couple of free ones for an accurate idea.

Nonny 21:01 15 May 06

I am with Demon on Home 500. I was upgraded to 2Mbps last September. It lasted for about 2 weeks then my connection went down for 1 1/2 days. It came back as 1.1 Mbps on the icon. I checked with BT Speeedtester and this was correct. After much frustration with Demon I have been unable to get 2 Mbps back. On checking the distance from my exchange I am 1.04Km distant. BT says I am to far from the exchange to receive 2Mbps. How can this be. My neighbours who live within spitting distance either side of me receive 2Mbps. Who is at fault. Demon or BT?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…